PDA

View Full Version : *** NO RESERVE AUCTION - NITRATE REDUCTOR NR1000 ***

Proteus
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 10:21 AM
AUCTION CAN BE FOUND HERE (http://www.aquaauctions.com/auctiondetails.php?id=103765)

Almost brand new, this 2nd unit was only used for less than 1 month.

Aqua Medic Nitratreductor NR1000 + SP3000

INCLUDING - 5L Deniballs

The Nitratreductor 1000 is an anaerobic biological reactor for removing nitrates from marine and freshwater aquaria. It has a large volume of 10L and an internal circulation pump.

The Nitratereductor 1000 works with a flow rate of 1 to 3 l/hr . In the absence of oxygen this situation promotes bacteria that metabolize nitrate. Denimar powder or Deniballs are used as an organic energy source. To monitor this process, it is possible to use a redox potential controller (ORP controller) in conjunction with an electrode inserted in the inbuilt PG13.5 port.

The Nitratereductor 1000 is a closed unit that can be integrated into filter systems, but may also be installed to stand alone under the aquarium.

Dimensions excluding electrode: 17 x 17 x 54cm (lxwxh)

Both combined normally retail for approx $700

*** NO RESERVE ***

:shock: :shock:

Ben
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 11:06 AM
:shock:

*nods*

Proteus
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
The santoprene hose in the SP3000 needs replacing (mainly due to the oils drying up)

Other than that, good as new

endless
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 09:49 PM
What is the sp3000 and where can we buy this hose that needs replacing. Also does your unit come with denniballs? Does this unit work alone or do i need to hook it up to a cannister?

Proteus
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
What is the sp3000 and where can we buy this hose that needs replacing. Also does your unit come with denniballs? Does this unit work alone or do i need to hook it up to a cannister?

The SP3000 is a peristalic 3lph pump, personally I never used it and had the NR1000 connected to the return line of a canister filter.

New hoses can be purchased from most retailers that stock AquaMedic products, I bleieve they are only about $10'ish

As per the ad it comes with 5L of deniballs plus the regular black filter balls (enough to keep you going for years).

You need to hook it up to some form of pump. It has its own pump but that is solely to circulate water through the NR1000 chamber.

endless
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 01:28 AM
So let me get this right. The SP3000 is used solely to circulate water in the nr1000 unit and i need another dosing pump to direct tank water into the unit? Is that right or am i missing something?

Roy
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 02:08 AM
You need to use the SP3000 for circulation in the unit, you just hook the unit upto your cannister line or use a seperate pump/powerhead.

Roy

Proteus
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 02:46 AM
The SP3000 is not needed at all.

The NR1000 has its own pump inside the unit for circulation, the SP3000 is for slow feeding of water from an external source, i.e. a sump or the tank.

I have found that the flow is way to slow given the size of the chamber and found it best to have a trickle feed coming from the return line of a 500lph cnaister filter. Given that the water flowed through a 3mm hose (almost like airline) only 30-50lph went through the NR1000 chamber, still nice and slow.

For the smaller NR400 (which is 1/3rd the size) the SP3000 I have found to work very well

endless
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 05:24 AM
You need to hook it up to some form of pump. It has its own pump but that is solely to circulate water through the NR1000 chamber.

So when you hook it up to some form of pump that 'pump' can actuall be a cannister or we can use the sp3000. :?

Roy
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 05:54 AM
Thats what it sounds like.
But Pro recommends using something more powerful.

Roy

Proteus
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 06:00 AM
Thats what it sounds like.
But Pro recommends using something more powerful.

Roy

Exactly.

The SP3000 IMO is too slow for the NR1000. Given that when I used it I had a MV computer hooked up it was too efficient, which in turn started to produce levels of sulphur (not good). Once I increased the flow, and added a few more deniballs the ORP readings were spot on and the Nitrate reading from the return hose was zero

Proteus
Wed Mar 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
This auction finishes tomorrow evening.

One bidder has had there bids removed and the price has come down somewhat (they advised that they could no longer afford it if they won).

At the current price it is a bargain