PDA

View Full Version : Shy Discus??

djceri_g
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, Ive had my discus for approx a month and she has been fine until now. Last 2 days she has become very dark and is always hiding! Last night I treated epson salt and this morning there seems to be better colour and brighter but is still hiding! She feeds very well! she is the only one I have at the moment! Does she need company? My water stats:

Niarite 0
Nitrate 0.5
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.0
temp 30 celcalso, i have a phoenix testing kits and have a funny feeling its not accurate! Every time I test the water weekly I get the same result, even after been feeding beef heart! :roll: :?:

the german
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
oh yes she need company.whats withe her female partner :wink:
you cant find any?
discus are not going well alone.

djceri_g
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
oh yes she need company.whats withe her female partner :wink:
you cant find any?
discus are not going well alone.She has been flickering a lot! Is this just natural behaviour? I will be buying a bigger tank this weekend, obviously it will take time to cycle properly. Is it a good idea to buy a male now or shall I wait till the new tank is ready? Dont want to put any stress on my fish!!

djceri_g
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 08:09 AM
I have just noticed this morning that one of my neons has like white patches on his body! Is there any bad infection in my tank?

the german
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
it is prob. ich.
whats your temp.?when you have 30 they souldnt be there..
put 2gr/l salt in your tank that will help.
solong you fish have to stay alone it will be stress pure for her,discus are not happy alone.

djceri_g
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
she seems to have perked up a lot since treating epsom salt. She wont be alone for longer. going to re-home common plec and congo tetra and get a male for her. And a new tank in a couple of weeks when cycled

djceri_g
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
Also, maybey I should worm? just to be on the safe side, and im sure you are ment to do this every month or so :roll:

djceri_g
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
it is prob. ich.
whats your temp.?when you have 30 they souldnt be there..
put 2gr/l salt in your tank that will help.
solong you fish have to stay alone it will be stress pure for her,discus are not happy alone.how much teaspoons for a 96 liter?