PDA

View Full Version : Wild spawns and surrogates

Squid
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
well - got my F1 and wild Tefe RSGs going again. Had to use another pair as surrogate parents- anyone else out there ever done this? works real well with wild stock. Got very good parental instincts. Anyway - here are some photos.

Got both of these Tefes from Ben a few years ago. Female is an egg eater. Male is a very good parent. Bred them both with other wild caught and F1 fish. Will look at some line breeding by crossing the fry from each batch with each other.

Squid

the german
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
that are nice green discus squid,a cross tefexblue should give you amazing RT's and turks,maybe spotted.that are the best greens i saw so far in australia,congrats

michael

Kingkat
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Squid, They look great mate. Well done, you and Ursula must be proud grandparents!

sammigold
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Squid!!! they are gorgeous as usual...

do you still have those beautiful Japara's? (that was their name wasnt it? you know those lovely lime green coloured ones?) I'll never forget those beautiful fish.

Squid
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hi all. When I was in Pakistan, the Japuras were getting a bit too much for my wife to handle. Got rid of the breeding pair for $600 and sold the other to a LFS. Pair has spawned though and fry will be available in Townsville by Jun this year I think. Was a shame - but I'll just have to go over to the 'Zon' and collect some more for myself. Barra - you want to come on a fishing trip?

Squid

sammigold
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 03:14 AM
they were definitely some of the most stunning fish I have ever seen... its a pity you had to let them go!
cheers
sammi