PDA

View Full Version : AquaAuctions.com - The Australian Auction Site

Proteus
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 03:39 AM
AquaAuctions.com - Re-Launched

The AquaDot Network is proud to present yet another absolutely free resource for hobbyists!

http://www.aquaauctions.com/images/logo_trans_001.gif

AquaAuctions.com is the culmination of months of effort to create a world-class platform to bring various local buyers, sellers, and even traders all together in one place! AquaAuctions.com is focused on providing the content and functionality that YOU wanted! This is why we spent months testing with various hobbyists and businesses to bring you a customized feature set that sets the bar for the ultimate aquatic auction site.

Some features include:
- Local access and currencies only, so you know you are only dealing with people local to you
- The ability to setup ‘Swap’ auctions, so you can setup agreed-upon trades for your items
- Anti-Sniping feature: Extends your auction automatically if a person bids in the last few moments
- Easy to use re-listing features to re-list your auction, or even re-list additional items similar to an auction you have recently created
- AuctionWatch: You can receive bid notifications of auctions you have designated so you can track auctions you are interested in
- Bulk submission functionality for those individuals who like to list multiple items in a few easy steps instead of creating multiple auctions by hand
- Extensive payment, shipping, and customizability features not found on most auction sites
- Private auctions to protect the privacy of your customers
- Create a customizable storefront – absolutely free - Great for businesses starting out, of those that want to sell livestock which is not permitted on ites like e-bay
- Even abuse functionality, so you can report abuse directly to site administrators to research and resolve

... and many more features yet to come!

We also provide automated registration to an AquaAuction members-only forum, where you can share information, contact buyers and sellers securely and privately, as well as let us know what kinds of features you would like to see – because AquaAuctions is for YOU!

As we say, AquaDot Network – For Hobbyists, By Hobbyists. We hope you enjoy yet another resource provided by the AquaDot Network (http://www.aquadotnetwork.com/).

MACCA
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 03:51 AM
Absolutely nothing of interest on this site. Very disappointed!

Proteus
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 07:19 AM
Absolutely nothing of interest on this site. Very disappointed!

Well that is just too bad isnt it :boohoo

If nobody wants to use the site then it closes down, pretty simple actually.

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 10:31 AM
Proteus put in a huge amount of work, blood sweat and tears, developing this site. It's a fantastic facility, and it's a great shame that it's not better supported.

For something to work, it has to be supported by the members. If that doesn't happen, then .................................................. .

gypsy3
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 12:58 PM
yeah, i've often wondered about that, i mean surely there are a lot of people on this forum that breed and sell fish. wouldn't it be to everyones advantage to use that site? i know shipping can be a problem for some, but surely there would still be enough out there to facilitate the site. i know i have to really pay thru the nose up here for discus if i was silly enough to pay the prices. try a white swan about 6 cm ( head - tail) for $125....or a 7-8 cm red turk for $120

Proteus
Sat Dec 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
After having the AquaAuctions website partially offline for the past month or so, we have decided to give things another go.

If it starts getting used a little more often we will look at upgrading things, however if it doesnt get used we will take it offline totally.

Remember. this resource is totally free to use for both personal hobbyists amd aquaria related businesses.

thx

Proteus
Sun Dec 16, 2007, 11:35 PM
Just a quick FYI...

There have been quite a few items listed for Auction over the weekend.

Substrate heating cables

Eco-Complete, Flourite, Flora Base substrates

Auto feeders

Fish

etc etc

XPLOSV
Mon Dec 17, 2007, 04:29 AM
im betting crazy atm, so lets hope this stay online and put to use more often.

Hassles
Fri Jan 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
OK, I have spent some time at AquaAuctions and yeah, heaps of potential there. It'd be great to see all the aquatic stuff from E-Bay end up here instead.

Grizzle: having bid a few times now I cannot check to see what my maximum bid is after I've placed it - my memory has its limitations. Seriously though, this site needs a little marketing coz' the potential is massive. I LIKE IT :)

Proteus
Sat Jan 26, 2008, 05:13 AM
FYI

I have just listed some Peppermint BN's on the site...

MACCA
Sun Jan 27, 2008, 09:36 PM
Just a thought, but is there anyway to link the AquaAuction site into the discus forum classifieds? If someone does want to sell then they have a choice of either selling in the discus classifieds or their ad is displayed with a link to the AquaAuction site. I have again looked at the auction site and it is very good site, and I would like to see it prosper. :idea:

Proteus
Sun Jun 01, 2008, 09:34 AM
FYI a whole bunch of new things are for sale on AquaAuctions.