PDA

View Full Version : Fin Lesion - fin rot or just injured?

gfindura
Sat Mar 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
I got a group of eight 2-3" discus 5 days ago. They all are eating and behaving great. However, about 3 days ago, I noticed this one was holding its left pectoral fin clamped to its side and it looked ripped and had (and still does) have a little yellowish color. Today, it looks like there's a little yellow color on the side it's body.

Here's two pics of the discus and left pectoral fin in question. The fish is eating fine and even chasing some of the other discus around. Do you think I should move it to a hospital tank for treatment with medication? Or should I keep the conditions good in their tank and see how it responds? Any other suggestions or comments?

84 deg F, 6.0 pH, weekly-biweekly 20% water changes

-Greg

mistakes r crucial
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
Not the most brilliant of pics mate (bit like mine) but it looks like damage as opposed to fin rot. Just keep the water changes up to them and keep an eye out.
MAC

gfindura
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mac,

Thanks for the advice. I know--my pics are pretty bad. I have a point and shoot Canon SD600. Not enough control of all the parameters.

The fin is looking better today and the fish is moving it a lot more now. Not clamping it much at all. Another water change is in the works for tonight. Yes.

-Greg

gfindura
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
He's healed up fine. No more lesion today. Rock.