PDA

View Full Version : I need help to id new fish

fatdiscus
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 06:03 AM
Hello
I bit off topic i know. I've attached a few pics from a fish collecting trip. Can anyone help id them for me please. I am particularly interested in the red tail loach. Is this an undiscovered species or variant?

mcloughlin2
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
Where you from?

I doubt its a undiscovered species unless you collected it from a remote jungle. :lol:

Robdog
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 07:29 AM
I doubt its a undiscovered species unless you collected it from a remote jungle. :lol:

It would seem that it lives in dry, rocky environments, occasionally found in peoples hands.

Hey wait a minute! That's not Taksan's python is it?? :shock:

And who sent you on a collecting trip and you didn't send out the group invite??? :x

fatdiscus
Sat Mar 17, 2007, 06:22 AM
I'm from Adelaide, but currently travelling around a bit. Spewing that I can't bring any of the fish back :evil:

The fish were found in a tiny barren stream about 3hrs hike from the town of Pai in Thailand. For those interested in their natuarl habitat. The stream was very shallow, about 12" deep at most, flowing very rapidly, about 18"-24" per second. The water was very cold (on a hot day), I would estimate low 20's celcius. The river bed was covered in dark rounded pebbles 2"-4", with no other cover. I'm not sure of the water parameters, but with all the limestone in the area (or so I'm told), and with shrimp/prawns just a little upstream, I'd guess the water to be not too soft.

Kingkat
Sat Mar 17, 2007, 06:48 AM
I would try the catfish and loach forum on Ace forums

FishLover
Sat Mar 17, 2007, 05:21 PM
Looks like a kuhli loach to me.