PDA

View Full Version : New tank, need advice

okrazykat
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:00 AM
110 g Tall (30") with 30 gallon Sump. Filled tank with 75/25 RO-DI/tap. Added 12 tsp Seachem Discus Buffer. NovAqua/DeChlor added for tap water. Tested NO3 = 12.5 mg/l. NO2 = 0.1 mg/l. KH = 4. PH reading 8.0 (before Buffer added). CarboPlus CO2 Block running in sump at level 6. Water temp 83 degrees. Substrate is Eco-Complete = 80 lbs, Aquarium rock = 60 lbs. 2 Large, several small pieces Driftwood added. Water yellow/brown and slightly cloudy, clearing up. In sump: Bioballs, Cotton and Micro Filter sheets, 2 large bags of Charcoal. Also running reverse-flow undergravel system powered by 2 Mag7 Pumps. Eheim 2026 cannister filter filled with various mechanical media. Airstone strips along sides of tank on low setting. UV not running yet.
Lighting 4 55w PC 10,000k.
Will be placing various plants over the next few weeks.
Will be stocking with shoals of smaller Tetras, rafael cat, pleco, and 6 juvenile Discus.
How's it looking so far? Who is the reliable online breeder or is there a good local Discus farm in LA?

flukes
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 03:20 PM
Might want too order interstate, there are some great breeders over there with the likes of cary strong, jeff young and many others.

Not really sure whats in LA but i am sure there must be something.

Anyway good luck and welcome to DF!

okrazykat
Fri Oct 01, 2004, 02:11 AM
Look at some pics in the Tank Gallery...
oKrazykat

Kimi
Sun Oct 03, 2004, 11:15 PM
I Ve got a 4 ft Tank with 4" size 8 Discus
i need to know the best timing of water change

D.J
Wed Oct 06, 2004, 10:07 AM
Kimi, the more water changes you do the better it is for the growth and health of your discus, some of the members here do their water changes every day, I am happy to do mine every second day of 20% each time.
At the end of the day, as long as you do it regularly your discus will love you for it, as discus likes stability.

Donald.