PDA

View Full Version : Unwired throttling bittorrent downloads

samir
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 05:38 AM
here's some info on fixing the problem.

Azureus

azureus bit torrent

1. Go to: Tools > Options > Connection > Transport Encryption

2. Check the ‘require encrypted transport’ box.

3. Choose RC4 in the ‘minimum encryption’ dropdown box

note that RC4 uses more CPU time than the plain encryption or no encryption. It is however harder to identify for traffic shaping devices
4. You can choose to tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted outgoing connections if encrypted connection attempt fails’ box. This will ensure compatibility with clients that are not using encryption. However, it makes it easier for your ISP to detect BitTorrent traffic. I recommend that you try to tick this box first. If you are still not getting proper speeds untick it

5. Tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted incoming connections’ box

Bitcomet

bitcomet bit torrent

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection

2. Go to: ‘Protocol encryption’ You can choose between ‘auto detect’ and ‘always’. Auto detect will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.

nicholas76
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 03:00 PM
Is there an actual issue Samir,

I use the new azuerus and it absolutely smokes!! never had such great speed before.

fish_r
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
can u still access the internet IE : still browse while using Azuerus ? cause thats why i gave it the flick, cause i couldnt b4, but i havnt tried any new versions for a while ?
i get really good speeds using Utorrent usually 400Kb + on most files with plenty of seeds.
what speeds are we talking with Azuerus ?
will i get max speeds with the RC4 fix IE: 17000k ? or close too ?

nicholas76
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 11:06 PM
i can use IE and other applications howeve it does slow down,

im only getting speed up to about 250kps and thats on standerd cable.

fish_r
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:04 AM
might give Azuerus a go again then and see how it goes, hopefully all the bugs are ironed out since last i used it about a yr ago.

250kbps is still good, whats ur max connection speed on cable "not using torrents"
i got ADSL2+ so get amazing speeds, iv'e slowed my downloading down a bit but was downloading 80gb of stuff a mth and could have handled more :)

nicholas76
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:36 AM
Yep they totally revamped it about 1 month ago

zodeuo its called

fish_r
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 08:06 AM
thx for the info will give it a go :)

fish_r
Tue Apr 03, 2007, 01:46 PM
well i tried Azureus with the RC4 fix and still get slower speeds than with UTorrent.
i tried running the same two files i'm dloading first with Azureus left it for 1/2 hr then turned Azureus off.
then tried the same with UTorrent and i get almost double the speed with UTorrent. but the good thing with Azureus now is i can upload @ 70k and still browse forums etc at good speeds.
will stick with UTorrent i think
thx anyways :)