PDA

View Full Version : Latest backyard visitors..

bun
Tue Mar 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
Me and my old man made this crappy bird feeder to see what natives we could attract, so far its working well :)

http://www.users.on.net/~richard.norrish/rosellas2.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~richard.norrish/rainbow%20lorikeets.jpg

Hail2Pitt02
Tue Mar 13, 2007, 10:03 AM
Wow...beautiful. We get some nice looking birds in my part of the states but nothing like that. Although while some of the birds in this area are not much to look at, the songs they sing more than make up for it, especially on a lazy Sunday morning with a cup of Joe on the back porch.

Robdog
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 01:59 AM
How are those banjo lessons going Pitt?? :wink: :lol:

Hail2Pitt02
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 02:56 AM
How are those banjo lessons going Pitt?? :wink: :lol:

I must be fairly thick today because i have no idea what you are implying, lol :lol:

Robdog
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 03:06 AM
Sorry mate :lol:
It's just that terms like "cup of Joe" and "porch" set off alarm bells for me. Usually in association with banjo's and kissing your cousins. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offence intended mate.

Robdog
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 03:10 AM
Oh yeah, I love the bird feeder in the first pic Bun. A fence, who'd have thought?? :P

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 03:20 AM
Ahhh Pitt, you've now been exposed to our unique Aussie sense of humour.

It's all in good fun mate.

Welcome to the club :P

Hail2Pitt02
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 02:12 PM
No offense taken what-so-ever. It’s not a case so much of living on the sticks...moreover it’s a case of just being of being old. I might be 27 but I definitely enjoy life in the slow lane. I lived in the city of Pittsburgh for 8 years before moving out to the burbs. The area we moved to is sort of country-ish….but if you follow American Football, are a fan of the Steelers, and know who Ben Roethlisberger is….he lives about a half mile down the road. One of my greatest pleasures is relaxing on my back porch with a cup of coffee, my basset hound napping beside me and my cup Kenyan or Guatemalan coffee, and just slouch into my patio furniture…ahhhh. I feel relaxed just thinking about it :)

By unique sense of humor do you mean dry...j/k :)

DiscusMad
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 02:35 PM
great pic's bun

Robdog
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 11:59 PM
What's Ben done for you lately Pitt? 06-07 he didn't show up. Too many cold ones after beating Seattle?

Hail2Pitt02
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 12:04 AM
What's Ben done for you lately Pitt? 06-07 he didn't show up. Too many cold ones after beating Seattle?

He's a 25 year old millionare that women like Nathalie Gulbis.....can you blame him.

He still has a better resume than Manning,Marino, Montana, Elway, Favre, Unitis, Bradshaw etc etc after three years in the league.

06-07 was not not a good year for Ben. Almost dies in a motorcycle wreck.... heals...his appendix bursts....etc. etc. His receivers should be better this year so i think he will make a nice comeback.

Robdog
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 02:29 AM
He still has a better resume than Manning,Marino, Montana, Elway, Favre, Unitis, Bradshaw etc etc after three years in the league.

That's a huge call. Are you talking first three years of their careers or overall???

Hail2Pitt02
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 03:19 AM
The first three years since that is all we have to compare at this point. Did I forget to mention he has far and away the highest winning percentage of those guys after 3 years in the league.

Robdog
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 04:27 AM
Well in Brady's first 3 years (not counting his rookie) he threw more yards, more TD's, less INT's and even had 23 recieving yards ( :? )
If you count rookie seasons then Big Ben has it hands down.
BUT he looks like Frankenstein! :lol: (correction- Rich Frankenstein)