PDA

View Full Version : on or off light?

djceri_g
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 08:31 PM
I went away for a night this weeknd, I went out 2pm sat till 7pm sunday night, I did put the light out but I got home tonight and worried about my discus, she was very dark ad took a while to come out! Should i have left the light on? i know they dont like a lot of light. :?

FishLover
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
One discus is tough to keep. I don't think the light made any difference. It will be very hard to keep one discus happy in a tank. I think maybe you water temp may have something to do with it since your other fish likes lower temp than discus.

djceri_g
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 08:36 AM
no, my discus is fine nnow. Maybey she was half asleep because the light had been off for a while. Shes back to normal this morning and happy! what would be the best thing to do if I go out for the weekend again? light on or off?

JNS
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 08:56 AM
Just put your light on a timer; they are relatively inexpensive it saves you having to worry about turning the lights on or off.

djceri_g
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 11:53 AM
Just put your light on a timer; they are relatively inexpensive it saves you having to worry about turning the lights on or off.Thanks! I will be looking for one on ebay! :D

martraci
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
try woolworths or coles too, mine was like $5
shit ones do the job too, i mean its on.........off

martraci
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 12:07 PM
oh...uk, sorry try supermarket anyway

DiscusEden
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Or a hardware store. I got a 24 hour timer last week for $7.

djceri_g
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone! Will look for one in the high street or ebay!

benjohnson
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
Go to B&Q if you can mate... they have packs of 3 timers for 5 quid, and single ones for £2

Cheers,

Ben

FishLover
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
Another thing you can do is to have some moon lights. Use two timmer, one to control the main lights, one to control the moon lights. Have the moon lights come on 1 hour before and after the main lights. That will reduce the sudden impacts for light on and off. I have that on my tank and the discus really enjoy it.