PDA

View Full Version : Sumps x 2

mistakes r crucial
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 03:30 AM
Hi Guys,

I have recently decided that I no longer want to run my systems on sumps so I have 2 up for sale. They are both completely steralized for use by the new owner.

The first one is a 400 litre sump with a 5 tier trickle/de-gassing chamber which are filled with trawler net. The 4 trays of media in the sump itself consist of bio balls, lava rock and Japanese matting (the green stuff). It takes a while to cycle but once you have it there it will take an Ammonia bomb to budge it, it's been brilliant. There is also a 13,000 litre an hour Onga pump that runs the 5 tier chamber and it's virtually brand new, retail they are worth around $300. The sump itself is around $300 retail. All plumbing included. Value around $800 new. $395 ONO.

The second sump is a plain old 4ft tank matrix sump. It has a 4 tier degass/trickle chamber sat on top of it and I have always been amazed how this simple set up has always done the job. My breeding system has been run by this sump and although simple it has never let me down. Lava rock and Gutter Guard for media. There's a crack in one of the manifolds which can easily be fixed. The pump that runs the system is an Onga, around 13,000 litres an hour. $195 ONO.

I won't officially put these up but if anyone is in the market for a huge mother of a pump, 29,000 litres an hour I have one here that isn't being used. I also have an Onga Pool filter that could be used for either mechanical or chemical filtration although it would need a new insert.

Cheers
MAC

d6c1
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 01:56 PM
Far out that looks genius!

mistakes r crucial
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:13 PM
Small one sold.
MAC