PDA

View Full Version : Which type of leopard do you prefer?

Hail2Pitt02
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 06:25 PM
I just want to get a genberal idea of what people, both breeders and novices would be more inclined to buy, assuming their cost was very similar.

1. Leopard w/ bar
http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/discus06a.jpg

2. Leopard w/o bar

http://rockymountaindiscus.com/images/7.jpg

Hail2Pitt02
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:02 PM
With my novice eye I would think that the speciman on the bottem is a more desireable in general. Given the fish were of identical body type...which would you choose to buy/sell? Thanks again.

DiscusMad
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:19 PM
I just like the strips with the colouring

dizkuz
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 10:24 PM
Did u know thats there are studies how to reduce the stressbars
Use a neonlight for 40-50 day from freesimmer and dont put them in public room, let them be and paint all windows on the akvarium and have the light on for 24 hours, just feed and clean and get out of the room...
and they will not develp any stressbars :)

Try and find out!
RGD Dizkuz

Hail2Pitt02
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 11:39 PM
I actually think that particular variety of leopard is supposed to have those bars, kind of like a Heckel leopard.

the german
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 01:45 AM
i think the one on the 2nd pic will have stress bars too,only at the time he had none,you see in the background that the other ones have them too.
and in pic one is a much younger discus and they show most times stress bars.
kind of heckel..i dont know if there is any influence of a heckel in this one.
i would say no but i can be wrong.
the stress bars are for me very natural,just a part of a discus,ok not on BD or reds or......,but i dont mind them,i also must say that the trend
in germany is back to nature so many wilds comming in and poeple breed them extremly successful.

michael

scott bowler
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 02:19 PM
like mike said the 2nd fish will have stress lines too but its a nicers fish with cleaner look with out the lines .