PDA

View Full Version : RGD

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 01:13 PM
I'm assuming she's a her?

I didn't think the photos were good enough to put in the critique section, which is why I'm adding more than one here, in the hope of giving you an idea of the fish, but would appreciate any feedback on the fish if it can be made with these shots.

Thanks again guys! :D

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 06:59 AM
Male or female, not sure at this stage. The males don't seem to get any more colour than that, where the females fill in and get full red all over the body.

Pointed anal fin has me a bit tossed. That's usually associated with males, but not a definate sign.

It's still quite a young fish, but it's colouring up beautifully, and the shape is good.

fish_r
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:45 AM
looks really nice DE and has got a lot more colour since i last saw it :)

scott bowler
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:52 AM
thats a very nice fish DE . nice to see the colour is coming along well good luck with it all

DiscusEden
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 10:54 AM
Thankyou all for the replies!

Might be a male - how exciting would that be! Sounds like it might be easy enough to get a female if it was.... Then again, imagine her filled out with colour! Either way, I'm very happy with this little one! :D

I suspect she might still be a she, as she seems to be getting more colour each day - deeper red on the fins and more of a blush turning to a sunburn look over the rest. The photos always seem to was her out, which is why I didn't post earlier. But then couldn't help myself. :roll: Too proud. :D

She's a bold little thing - was first to eat out of my fingers 2 days ago, and tonight when I put my fingers in holding the food, there was a rush of speed on her toward the food, when the others just turned to look. :P

Thanks again for the comments, very kind!