PDA

View Full Version : My tank!

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hi,
Got inspired (by being told to), so posting pics of the tank! :wink:

Any and all feedback extremely gratefully accepted....

Mattzilla
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 11:33 AM
stunning! i love it

well done mate

scott bowler
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 11:36 AM
DE the tank is awesome you have a good mix of pants and decos, need more fish .hehe i think more discus would be best .. . the driftwood is a great peace wish i had a peace like it . great looking tank well done scott

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks guys!

The discus are hiding there - they got sick of the flashlight, so ran from the papparazzi. But you're right, need more fish! Working on it! :wink:

Oh, and thanks for the comment on the driftwood - I love it too. I spent weeks staring at the pretty colours on it in the tank while it was cycling. It came from Seaview in Perth (one of the sponsers). Never been so excited over getting a piece of wood before!

the german
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 11:58 AM
very nice DE,i love it.would like to see how it looks when your nice fish swimming arround.

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 01:04 PM
Better?

fish_r
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 01:35 PM
tanks looking really good DE :)
i want ur piece of wood. was wondering what had happened as we hadnt seen a tank shot :)
tanks looking really clean too...

the german
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 01:48 PM
thats great DE,i think i must visit seaview :wink: and ask about driftwood

DiscusEden
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys!

Mmmm, the tank's mostly looking clean 'cos I took a shot from a decent distance. I've got little cobweb-like white things stuck to the glass all over the front, whick I'm really hoping is planaria. (Rather than something more sinister.)

Most of the plants you gave me fish_r, are behind the log, waiting to grow big enough to be seen, then cover the back. I'd like them to fill out a bit more on the left too, to cover the intake pipes, etc. I'm hoping it'll look better in a while.

I still love the wood though, especially watching the discus swim between the branches & roots. It's amazing what they can fit through!