PDA

View Full Version : Garlic Guard

StonX
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hi,

Is it ok if I use garlic guard with tetrabits? My friend gave me some seachem garlic guard to try.

What I did, soak the tetrabits with garlic guard, frozen it up.

Is that ok or It will harm the fish?

Thanks
Hendry

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 11:00 AM
You can certainly use it like that if you wish, and it won't do your fish any harm.

Might be better to add it fresh each time you fed them, rather than freezing, but either way, it's fine.

StonX
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the advice Merrilyn

Ben
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 11:24 AM
Garlic Guard is an excellent product for both fresh and salt water fish! A lot of research has been put into garlic and its positive affects on fish such as better imune system and feeding response.

moneymike
Tue Nov 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
Merrilyn, you suggested using fresh garlic. Can you direct me to a recipe, or how to add it to my frozen food?

Merrilyn
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 07:46 AM
Just make up a beefheart mix and add a small amount of freshly grated garlic to it, just the same as if you were using it in cooking a meal for yourself.

Not too much, just use it as a flavouring. I get my garlic fresh from the supermarket, peel it and and grate a clove or two into the beefheart when I'm making a fresh batch. The fish love it.

Davo
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 11:37 AM
Now and again I soak my tetra bits in Garlic Guard. You only need to soak it for a very short time (like 10-20 seconds) otherwise the pellets go soggy.

Dave.