PDA

View Full Version : can you diagnose it?

martraci
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 11:19 AM
this is the largest of my young discus and it seems to me that something is wrong. it eats well, socialable, but looks a little off.
params: ph solid 6, temp 30º, toxic levels low/non-existant

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 01:09 PM
this is the largest of my young discus and it seems to me that something is wrong.

Why do you think that. What symptoms is it displaying?

martraci
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 07:42 PM
oh shit sorry!
feces are white, should a treatment of octozin be made (i mean, is it better to be safe than sorry?)

Pauluk
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 07:47 PM
Octazin woul be a good start, I would also look on ebay/google for flubenol 15, combined that will hopefully sort it out, sounds like its got some sort of internal parasite.

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 11:48 PM
Ahhh yes, well that makes a difference. White droppings indicate an irritation in the intestine, which is possisbly from a parasite.

If they're still eating, then that's a very good sign. I think a course of Octozin will definately be the way to go. You should see an improvement within a week.

martraci
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 08:51 AM
cheers guys, will see how it works out

discus lover01
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:59 AM
Hi a course of metronidazole is the way to go either in the water or see if you can add it to there beefheart that you feed as the white poo is a sure sign of hexamite and the large eye and pointy shape means it's not eating fully and is getting stunted in it's growth if you can while they are eating still the quickest way to fix is through the beefheart with the drug mixed in or if you cant get that then a treatment in the water the dosage rates are on the board under a sticky message.
Hope it helps you to get it fixed.