PDA

View Full Version : tiny white worms

linda p
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 08:29 PM
could anyone give me some advice, i have been keeping discus since dec 06 the problem is i have put them in a new tank with some artificial plants and large stones from local river which where sterilised in boiling water (no gravel) but the fish have been flicking and rubbing and there is tiny white worms on the glass, i do a 50% water change twice a week.

the german
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 10:59 PM
welcome to the forum linda.

they will be planaria look at that
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7412

michael

scott bowler
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 07:00 AM
hi linda welcome to the forum hope you have fun here as we do and learn with us , ok to your prob, the planaria in your tank will not hurt your fish , how ever the usualy are a result of over feeding .but the flicking and rubbing of your fish is something all togther diffrent that is a parasite or skin iritasion you need to get it under control. i use sterazin if it is a fluk or if there is some thing visable on the scales like velvet then i would use protozin both are water life products . but have a very close look at your fish to see if there is any thing on them . good luck with it cheers scott

linda p
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 01:27 PM
hi guys thanks for the info i have now removed all plants and decor from the tank and replaced it with new stuff i have also cleaned the ank itself and cut back the food hopefully that will cure that problem,
with regards to my other problem i have treated my discus with sterazin twice now but they still flick and rub they do not have any spots or slime so im cluthching at straws now i was thinking it could maybe be ich! would meth blue cure this?.

the german
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 01:31 PM
just 2gr salt per liter water for 1 week and replace it at each WC will solve that problem