PDA

View Full Version : Aqua One Filter

Grahoc
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 09:22 AM
I have an Aqua One 1200 Cannister and I am not happy with the performance ..It is filtering a 3 ft tank and the water remains quite yellow. Two old Project 1000 Filters on 4 ft Tanks are fine ..All Tanks bare and regular water changes. 3ft Tank has 2 Discus and the 4ft Tanks 7 and 6 Fish. Any ideas??
Grahoc

ILLUSN
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 09:30 AM
do you have any driftwood in the tank or anything else leaching tannins?
whens the last time you cleaned the fine filter pad? my 450L get "yellowish" when the fine filter pad cloggs up.

Grahoc
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 10:53 AM
Nothing in the Tank to Leach ...Bare ...I have not cleaned the fine filter recently...did not seem to make a significant difference last time. however , Will follow your advice ..Thanks illusn
Grahoc

Dee
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 11:45 AM
G'day Grahoc,

If the tank is bare bottom and there's no driftwood and stuff, I would say your filter needs a good clean. Rinse all media (lightly) with tank water from a WC. You could also install a UV or use carbon or something BioChem Zorb, which will remove the yellow tint. HTH

whats your WC regime for this tank ?

Cheers,

Dee.

Grahoc
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the reply Dee...WC 25% every 2 days only 2 Discus in the Tank...I have cleaned the Filter not all that long ago. Maybe the "Free Media" lacked appropriate quality..I will investigate further..BTW the Albino's are fine. Purchased from A L the other day Some young Red Turks ..old Classics!!!
Grahoc