PDA

View Full Version : resun xtreme filter with uv

scott bowler
Tue Feb 27, 2007, 08:12 AM
went to xtreme today and got my self a resun filter with the uv built in .i havent set it up yet but i have had a look ,and so far so good .im going to use it as a second filter for my 5ft tank till i get a bigger tank.i like the idea of being able to turn the uv of with a switch on top of the filter. so if you have to medicate the tank you can just turn the uv of and still have the filter running ill get pics and show all the parts soon. and ill set it up and see how we go. scotty

DiscusWidow
Tue Feb 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
Mo will love it :)

scott bowler
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 08:05 AM
well it has taken a while but oi finelly but the filter together and up and running. its on a 6ftx2ftx20" tank . the first thing i can say is that it is a bit tricky to open and you have to lift it strat up for the uv light is in the center. when you get it together. and put it on the tank it will take a while to prime it it is a large filter so top the tank up hehe, then when you turn it on make shore that all the in lets and out lets are on tight this thing has some power and if there not it will blow hehe let me tell you . and it has a large in take and a smaller out . so it packs . ill have put it on a new tank and i didnt wash the grave very well so it will be tested. will let you all now how it goes .. hehe scott