PDA

View Full Version : my tank.... any suggestions??

joshnjacksmum
Mon Feb 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
any suggestions for my tank the plants are fairly new- i am running a sump i would like to add the pool sand but am worried how i would keep it clean?? tank is 4x2x2
karen
p.s i have a crappy camera - am working on hubby for that one!!!

axl
Mon Feb 19, 2007, 09:06 PM
more plants needed

samir
Mon Feb 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
looks better than anything I've ever come up with.

joshnjacksmum
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 01:26 AM
thanks samir...
i moved all the plants and bunched them together at the back of the tank because i had some 'issues' with my turq bullying the others... so far it has worked :? i htought that by keeping them at the back of the tank they would have more freee swimming room at the front ??

scott bowler
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 01:56 AM
there is so much you can do there is heaps of room .more plants yes maybe some small ones at the front , but your tank looks very nice good on you ,

scott bowler
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 02:14 AM
karen for some ideas have a look at some of the pics in Amazon garden on this forum some of the guys have some great tanks with plants in there . thats a great place to start

joshnjacksmum
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 09:04 AM
thanks scott
i had a look and OMG!!! dont think i am in thier league!!! AMAZING TANKS!!!!!
i just really wanted opinions on mine so i know where to go from here
ta
Karen

scott bowler
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 09:11 AM
mine is pritty simple to have you seen it heres a pic

scott bowler
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 09:13 AM
as you can see few plants , some rock and driftwood and lots of fish . thats all you need haha i like your tank the main focus is the fish

fish_r
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 11:59 AM
good start :)
it really depends on the amount of light u have to what plants u can grow.
looks from the photo that u have reasonably low light ?
i would start by planting the back and sides with some tall growing plants like valls, swords mayaca grows ok in lower light, pearl weed etc etc.
then i would put assorted crypts as the forground along with a few other varieties of plants, really depends on how u want to go heavilly planted, or not
there are some great tanks in the amazon garden and also here :
http://www.plantgeek.net/forum/
the more tanks u look @ the more ideas u will find that u want for ur tank.
good luck :)