PDA

View Full Version : discus in phuket?????

Mattzilla
Sat Sep 25, 2004, 12:37 PM
i am going on my honeymoon in about 5 weeks to phuket in Thailand. does anyone know of any breeders or discus farms in phuket...or any other surrounding area within a reasonable travelling distance?

thanks very much :)

Proteus
Sat Sep 25, 2004, 12:52 PM
Matt...

key word --- HONEYMOON

DOH!!!

:lol:

kevkoi
Sat Sep 25, 2004, 01:04 PM
:lol: yeah KEYWORD!!!

There are a few.... but let's talk about those when u get back alright buddy? :lol:

Mattzilla
Sat Sep 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
yeah in know it's my honeymoon but she marries me she marries my obsessions

:)

kalebjarrod
Sat Sep 25, 2004, 09:27 PM
thats the way matt,

showed that comment to my wife and she slapped me LOL

just explain to her when you get to the farms that this is what you want to turn your backyard into................... LOL

Mattzilla
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 11:10 AM
lol

ok seriously now.....lol

where are the discus in phuket!!!!!!!!

africandiscus
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:04 PM
Its very simple. When you are there ask a tuktuk driver. I went to the night market in phuket town (it is on during the weekends). I saw heaps of discus for sale. You can ask them there. You can also buy equipment for next to nothing. Eheim canister filter copies for $40. (they are also 240v)

Thailand is dirt cheap. The live fish are in buckets on the floor with the most basic filtration. Just remember to bargain.

At that stage I looked at the marine fish and nothing was over $2. I am sure the discus are the same.

africandiscus
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:11 PM
Another suggestion is to get some discus farm telephone numbers in Bangkok (search google)and call them when you are there and ask them which farms are avialable in Phuket. They are very fiendly people and are willing to help.

Mattzilla
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:12 PM
i think i love you psx2doctor!!!

awesome info....my fiance didn't think it was that good but she will get used to it.....hahahahhahaha

Proteus
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:17 PM
oh turn it up Matt...

lol

africandiscus
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:24 PM
Glad to help.

Just remember the night market is a local market so your hotel wont tell you about it as a tourist attraction. Ask them at the front desk and they will know all about it. Tell them it is the maket that is on the weekends and only open at 5pm.

I will look tomorrow and see if I sill have my map of phuket. If I find the map I will let you know the exact location of the market.

Have an awsome honeymoon and make sure you go to phi phi island.

Mattzilla
Sun Sep 26, 2004, 12:42 PM
cheers...