PDA

View Full Version : Translation

Xtreme
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 03:02 AM
Can someone help me translate this please!!!!

Kingkat
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 03:04 AM
Looks Dangerous Wayne! LOL

DiscusEden
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 03:17 AM
Any idea what the language is? I could get someone to translate Japanese I think, if that's what it is.

Xtreme
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 03:46 AM
I think its Japanese :?

Not sure but the product is used widely in Japan /Singapore etc....
I need to treat a 25 ltr tank so what my dosage rate?
Each packet has 5gms in it
Does that treat 100ltrs?

Cheers Wayne

RJ_Archer
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 03:52 AM
take it down to a noodle bar and they should be able to help u out. my mates got some stuff ebay and it was in chinise and they took it down to a noodle bar and got it translated, all they had to do is buy some noodles.

DiscusEden
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 04:06 AM
Or I could ask my sister, who works translating Japanese to English & vice versa. She said she'll get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Xtreme
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 04:44 AM
Thanks Carol,
I have just put .25 of a gram to 25ltrs of water (a pinch)
Will see how it goes over the next 5 days

Cheers Wayne

jim from sydney
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 05:25 AM
Hi Wayne

How are you Pal.

doesn't look like RO Water to me LOL

what are you using it for???

cheers.

stonedavid
Wed Feb 21, 2007, 01:57 AM
yep definitely Japanese, and mine is a bit rusty, so will leave it up to the professionals, wldnt want to make a mistake with dosages etc. and lose some fish

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 21, 2007, 02:20 AM
The professionals aren't doing a whole lot better yet. Here's what we've got so far:

"The translation - I have 2 problems this evening. One is the resolution of the scan... it is difficult to make out the details of some of the more complex kanji charaters. Also, I only had my electronic dictionary over at my place - the paper ones are all at work. I got it and some new batteries only to discover it had died :(... So I can't give you anything exact - the online dictionaries are not very useful when you can't get an exact stroke count of the kanji.

What I can tell you is that the second page has directions for use with a table detailing levels and times based on 100L of water for 2 different categories of fish.

The first table is for Koi and Funa(?).
5 - 10g nifurusuchiren(?) Nitrium 0.5 - 1 g 4 hours
1 - 2 g nifurusuchiren Nitrium 0.1 - 0.2 g 24 hours
A word of warning - there is a kanji character in between the two chemical names that is different on the first and the second row - I can't get a stroke count with this resolution, so I'll need to wait until I get the paper kanji dictionary and I can search by the parts of the characters I can make out...

The second table a different type of water, but definately tropical fish (the last 3 characters on the table header mean tropical fish).
1 g nifurusuchiren Nitrium 0.1 g 24 hours
I can't think what 'nifurusuchiren' might be, but like nitrium Then, the last table is for other water types ? (1st column) the total header over the top says the retail name'erubaashu'10%, with the second column for Koi and Funa, and the third column for tropical fish."

Feel free to take a stab at it. I'm waiting to see if there's more info coming.

stonedavid
Wed Feb 21, 2007, 05:17 AM
oh ok i did translate it much to what you have but it didnt make sense i was tranlating "nifurusuchiren" and "funa" but they just dont add up. I will check my kanji dictionaries here and see what i can find out but those two words above are shinjararahen???
(unbelievable) lol