PDA

View Full Version : Chlorine Dioxide

kalebjarrod
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 09:35 PM
Does Chlorine remover remove Chlorine Dioxide?

Is Chlorine Dioxide harmful to fish at a rate below 5 ppm?

:?

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry!

does Chlorine remover remove chlorine dioxide?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 08:23 AM
Hi Ryan,

Never even heard of the stuff but I've just looked at Prime, probably one of the best on the market, and there is no mention of it on the bottle. I had to do a Wikipedia search on it and the info goes back to the 40's and 50's and it was used as a disinfectant for water supplies. Do you have that in your water on the Gold Coast? Sounds like it's a lot more effective than Chlorine and it was used in the states after the anthrax attacks in 2001 to clean up buildings. Not a lot of use to your question but where are you getting this stuff from?
MAC

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah chorline dioxide is a highly active oxidising agent which is fantastic for cleaning pathogens in my water supply for my nursery

Chroline dioxide is a simple mix of hydrocholric acid as a activartor and a product called vibrex

its very good because unlike chlorine it does not react with organics (ie floating bit's of leaves and dirt etc etc) and it is not pH sensitive

if i can remove the C/D with prime i can use my big irrigation pump to run a reveres osomis unit which i have yet been unable to run

then i can think about bringing my bore water down from a EC level of about 2800 :shock:

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 09:31 AM
duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.engormix.com/e_products24-747.htm

maybe i should read the website of the product i buy before i ask dumb questions

a ppm of 15-30 is used to treat pathogens in aquaculture