PDA

View Full Version : FILTER

Stevepet23
Tue Feb 06, 2007, 03:28 AM
I have a 2ft tank in my bedroom & the filter I have is pretty loud. Are there any filters that dont make too much noise?

DiscusEden
Tue Feb 06, 2007, 06:04 AM
Hi Stevepet23,

Welcome to the forum!

The Eheim filters have a great reputation and mine's so quiet I have to check the spraybar to make sure it's on.

Although they are more pricey, you can pick up a bargain at the sponser's stores here - check the stickys in the classified section for the specials.

What are you running at the moment?

FishLover
Tue Feb 06, 2007, 02:50 PM
All filters are going to make some kind of noise, especially in the bedroom when you are trying to get some sleep. You need to tell us what kind of filter you have then we may be able to help you. Did it start to make loud noise lately or it was like that from day one. What kind of noise it makes?

Maybe your impeller needs some clean up or you need to replace it. Maybe there is soem blockage in the filter?

iro11a
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 06:48 AM
I got a air pump in my room and its very noisy i just turn it off and goes back on once i'm awake 8 hours without a air stone isnt going to hurt.

nicholas76
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 06:50 AM
Eheim all the way !!

so much better than my old fluvol systems.

FishLover
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 02:17 PM
iro11a,
You may not need the air pump at all if you are not using it to power your sponge filter.

Just use the return outlet to create water surface movement and you can get rid of the air pump.

taksan
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 02:38 PM
I have a 2ft tank in my bedroom & the filter I have is pretty loud. Are there any filters that dont make too much noise?

Eheims

Stevepet23
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 03:31 AM
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions!!
I think its called ocean free? I will have to double check. I just bought it so there is no problem with it, I just find it a bit too loud when I try to sleep. Which Eheim filter do you recomend. My tank is about 100 litres (I think). This is my first fish tank which I just bought a couple of weeks ago & im still learning the tricks of the trade!

DiscusEden
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 03:36 AM
If you look at the ASA site, they have a section in the top right corner called "online help" or "offline help" depending. Click on that & ask for advice as to which one.

Or someone here might have a good idea. (Other than me).

Good luck!

mcloughlin2
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 10:26 AM
Just go to your LFS and see what they suggest? :wink: