PDA

View Full Version : Stimulating of discuses!

Fisher
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 06:53 PM
How to stimulate discuses to breed ar to lay the eggs?What are the best ways of this?

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 07:39 PM
Hi Fisher,

If you keep the W/C up to them they will more often than not take care of it all on their own. However, if they are a bit stubborn you can try a large water change, preferably after a change in air pressure (storm) with slightly cooler water and a little higher in Ph. All you're trying to achieve are the things that happen in nature when it rains. If they are not being fed a high protein, varied diet then all of the above is irrelelvant. No fish will breed if they are not in tip top health and condition.
MAC

viobank
Thu Feb 15, 2007, 12:28 PM
Or haw he says a mate of mine:
-remove 25% of water
-squeeze the fileter in the rest of the water in the tank of pair of fish;until you don't see them anymore, after you will complete with osmoze cold water and let filter and heater to warm the water until 29-30 celsius.

That means that u will do the same thing that rains do in Amazon!!!

discus lover01
Thu May 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
trouble is that the fish are not from the amazon and have no idea what your doing that for and most times would almost freak them to the point that they wont spawn.
Yes i would aggree to this if the pair is a wild caught pair but not for aquarium bred ones

samir
Thu May 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
If they are not being fed a high protein, varied diet then all of the above is irrelelvant.

as long as they are healthy and well fed, they will spawn even without the water change.

mistakes r crucial
Thu May 17, 2007, 07:32 AM
Sounds fantastic Samir, no more water changes mate, I'll just keep plugging away at filling them full of food. You're a good breeder dude and for mine that aint real good advice. No offence intended.
MAC

samir
Thu May 17, 2007, 08:31 AM
the cooler water change, not the regular ones 8-)

mistakes r crucial
Thu May 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
Do you reckon Discus are getting easier to breed, spawn, not rear, I doubt that would change much? Those people that have been breeding Discus for many years, do you think because Discus are now so far removed from their wild cousins they have become far easier to spawn than they were say 10-15 years ago? Just interested.
MAC

discus lover01
Thu May 17, 2007, 09:09 PM
I have to agree you must keep up with regular water changes and yes cooler ones seem to work to trigger spawning but if your water is good from doing the water changes and having the water filtered correctly you still have to do your water changes and after 20+ years with discus over 15 of breeding them the best thing was a good high protien varied food diet and lots of water changes.
Makes for healthy happy discus pairs and the fry grow up quickly