PDA

View Full Version : FX5 Problem

Cuttas
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 01:08 PM
I have just set a tank up and Ive had a FX5 running for 2 weeks with no problems but for two days now I am getting small air bubbles through the outlet. I have taken it apart and cant seem to find where it is sucking air from seals seem to be ok can anyone help me out on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Cuttas

Tunnel Rat
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 02:30 PM
I have just set a tank up and Ive had a FX5 running for 2 weeks with no problems but for two days now I am getting small air bubbles through the outlet. I have taken it apart and cant seem to find where it is sucking air from seals seem to be ok can anyone help me out on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Cuttas

Buy a EHEIM :lol:

Rat

revkev
Thu Feb 01, 2007, 06:38 AM
Try putting some vasaliene on the oring seal on the outlet tap it may be too dry.

Nathan
Thu Feb 01, 2007, 08:00 AM
sounds silly but make sure theres nothn creating air bubbles around the intake, maybe your problem dno if youve checked this or not.

FishLover
Thu Feb 01, 2007, 03:07 PM
Try to tilt the filter. It will get rid of the trapped air in most cases. Maybe that's the problem. Worth a try at least.

Cuttas
Sat Feb 03, 2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Took the whole lot apart this morning gave it a good wash out and lubricated all the O rings. Its been running now for 12 hours so far so good but Ill see how it goes after 2 weeks.

Tunnel Rat
Sat Feb 03, 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Took the whole lot apart this morning gave it a good wash out and lubricated all the O rings. Its been running now for 12 hours so far so good but Ill see how it goes after 2 weeks.

No problem any time :wink:

Rat