PDA

View Full Version : Sterazin and water changes

flaggy
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
G'day

The instructions say that Waterlife Sterazin needs to be dosed in days 1, 3, 6, 8 and 10.

Could anyone please share your experience with water changes during treatment with Sterazin - do you do water changes in each of these days just before dosing or do you wait till you complete the whole treatment after 10 days, then do a large water change?

Cheers

Bill T
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 10:30 PM
I gave up on Sterazin because it didn't seem to have any real effect. My fish would improve for a week or so, and then rebound as bad if not worse than before. In the end I was dosing with higher dosages, which damaged my fish.
I suppose it's possible I didn't have gill flukes at all, and the flicking & rapid breathing was due to something else - inflammation from too much medication, or bacterial infection perhaps?

I have found other waterlife products to be effective, just not the sterazin.

If you want further advice about waterlife products, you can email them & they should get back to you within a day or so.

sammigold
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 02:05 AM
I did no water changes during treatment then a water change at the end. I always keep an eye on the fish though, if they looked stressed and weird I would probably do w/c.

Bill is right, The manufacturers will get back to you very quickly. I have emailed them before.