PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Adelaide plant people!!!!

Flip03
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 03:18 AM
I was just wondering were i can find some resonablly hardy plants that arent the usual 3 for $10 plants that u get from the local fish shop?
As my dear little ones like these as desert! I was also wanting to no the names of some hardy plants so i can keep an eye out.

Thanks for your help guys and girls :)

Namn8r
Wed Mar 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
Pretty much all decent aquarium stores will stock suitable plants you are after. You forget to mention what sort or fsh you are keeping or what setup you have. To make some suggestions start ith anubias, java fern and blue stricta hygrophila. All easy to grow and very hardy with java fern and anubias almost indestructable to even african cichlids. Depending on where you live pm me I can let you know what are some decent stores.

ILLUSN
Wed Mar 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
don't know about java fern being indestructable my gibbiceps ate 2 MASSIVE clumps of crested java fern down to it rizome, i only managed to save 6 babbies from the tips of floating mangeld leaves. try anubias and BIG WELL ESTABLISHED SWORDS, or theres always hornwort LOL

fish_r
Wed Mar 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
2 good plant shops in Adelaide are Seaview aquariums and rainbow aquatics "brighton Rd" but ring rainbow b4 u go out as they sell quick.
the easiest plants iv'e found to grow are Hygorphilia "few different varieties"
and water sprite. pearl weed is really easy to grow too.depending on what light u have anubius is another good one but too much light and u'll have an algae farm as they are really slow growing...
unless u have med to high lighting and Co2 stay away from anything red.
would help to know how much light u have and what fish ?
HTH...