PDA

View Full Version : Alenquer Albino Gold Leopard cross

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jan 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hi,

Thought I'd post these up as they are a bit different to what I've seen around.

A few months back I crossed my Albino male with the best Golden Leopard I have to see what we'd get. Although there was alot of rubbish in the batch there are around half a dozen fish I think we can breed from. They've taken alot of traits from the GL so I'm hopeful that when we back cross them we get some nice patterns on the Albino's.
Cheers
MAC

scott bowler
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 12:52 AM
wow they are comeing along nicely mac , how many did you end up with?,and how many show albino stran they look very nice thought
scott

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 01:10 AM
Hi Scott,

There are about 20 odd left. I culled alot as they were rubbish but there would be at least half a dozen fish that stand out from the crowd. All of them have the Albino gene so theoretically I should get 25% Albino's if I cross siblings or 50% if back to the parents.
Cheers
MAC

scott bowler
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 01:31 AM
good to see mac . its all so good that you work on the quaity of the fish buy culling there is many that would sell the rubbish so good on you .

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 01:48 AM
Anyone can sell rubbish Scott but I bet they don't do it for long. We sell hundreds of fish and guarantee every single one of them. If we make a mistake, and we have in the past, then we put it right plus a bit for their time and trouble. It's just common sense and common courtesy.
MAC

scott bowler
Fri Jan 26, 2007, 01:51 AM
it is mate wish there were more like you thank mac good to see there are still honest people out there.