PDA

View Full Version : dieter untergasser

scott bowler
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 07:14 AM
hi guys i was looking to see it there is a up dated fish diseases book around , i have the hand book of fish diseases (Dieter untergasser) but it is a 1989 copy and i was wondering if there is a update or not . i think this is the best book but there is so much for now its nealy 20 years old and things have changed

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Scott,

I still find his book excellent generally but some of the drugs/treatments are outdated. Personally I haven't found any better but it's a shame it hasn't kept up with the times drugs wise.
MAC

scott bowler
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:05 AM
hi mac yeah i agree some of the drugs have improved shame oh well i just stick with this thanks mac

the german
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
i told you guys before he is the number one guru in europe.
i will try to find some of his webpages and maybe you can translate them in english.

the german
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
www.diskusinsel.de
when you guys have any questions to medication changes to him im more than happy to contact him for you and find it out.

scott bowler
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
thanks german will do that

Squid
Thu Feb 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
There's a lot of good vet/medication references out there. I use both Untergasser and Bassleer. I prefer Bassleer myself as he constantly updates his publications. Any good LFS should be able to source his publications for you

Squid

scott bowler
Thu Feb 15, 2007, 11:44 AM
thanks squid ill have to look in to that , i was just looking in to it for updates there seems to be so many new illness out there now ,