PDA

View Full Version : New Fishtank

Dearra
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
This is a photo of a tank I have just bought. I should have it by Thursday.

It is 6ft and holds 260Ltrs water

I bought it for $680.00 including:-

Aqua One CF-1200 filter (2 months old)
Heater
Gravel
Lights
Rocks
Large Driftwood.

Do you think that was a good deal.

Thanks Dearra

scott bowler
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
looks good dearra nice stand now you have to get rid of the silver dollars and sevren haha, get some live plants and put some discus in . and the rest is history as they say , well good luck with it alll

iro11a
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:11 AM
Looks nice what depth and height of the tank the glass don't look that high,but looks like you got a alright deal that tank would be worth around the 1 grand mark without anything else brand new

Jono

Dearra
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys. The fish don't come with the tank. I have my own Discus to put in it. They are going to love getting out of a 4ft into that one. I am going to be very busy this weekend. When I get it all set up I will post a photo of it.

The depth of it is 39cm and the height is 1.33mtrs.

What would be the best way to clean it, just in case the fish that have lived in it had any sort of disease.

scott bowler
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:43 AM
clean it with salt water and give it a good rince that will do it.

Dearra
Fri Feb 02, 2007, 12:20 PM
I finally got my tank delivered yesterday. Tomorrow I am going to put it outside and fill it up with water to make sure there are no leaks. I measured it tonight, Width 35cm, Length 183cm, Height 45cm which I worked out to be 288 Litres. If that is wrong, please let me know. Also, what would it be in gallons.

Now if I am able to put in 100 litres of water out of the old tank into it with 188litres of fresh water and then connect my cannister filter up to it which has not been cleaned for about 2 months, will I be able to put the fish straight into it. The cannister filter I got with the tank when I bought it will be cleaned thoroughly, so it probably won't have any bacteria in it at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dearra

scott bowler
Fri Feb 02, 2007, 12:49 PM
dearra you can uses this to work out all your volumes http://www.petfish.net/calculators/calculate.php
and its 76 gallons

Dearra
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 09:27 AM
I have finally got it up and running. I think it looks wonderful. Nothing like the original photo. I tried posting a photo but apparently the attachment was too big and I don't know how to resize.

scott bowler
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 09:34 AM
hi dearra there is a post inthe photo that shows you how to post and resize pics

Dearra
Sat Jul 07, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well I have finally figured out how to post a photo. Here is a new photo of the fishtank 6 months after I bought it. This is what it looks like now. It is not a very good one, but I am still learning how to use my new camera.

Dearra

scott bowler
Sat Jul 07, 2007, 01:46 PM
your set up looks very nice well done . love the set out with the plants and rock .i would like to see close ups of it all hehe

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 08, 2007, 02:06 PM
That looks fantastic. Well done !

Some close up pics would be great.