PDA

View Full Version : Do discus get the squits?

Bill T
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 01:23 AM
I've been at home on sick leave for a few days - some incredibly painful virus, cross between aliens and being KO'ed by Tyson - so I have been gazing at my fish a bit more.

3 out of 4 discus have well formed, dark to brownish castings, however the fourth seems to have the "squits". Lighter in colour (although not white & not stringy) and don't hold together - if it was a child this would be the squits.

Otherwise this fish is healthy - eating, good colour, defending it's territory, no normal breathing.

Is this reason for concern? Your opinions please.

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 03:17 AM
Bill you're spending too much time looking at your fish :lol: :lol: :lol:

It sounds pretty normal to me.

Try to lay back and enjoy your fish, and concentrate on getting yourself better :wink:

That virus sounds nasty.

Get well soon.

Hope someone is bringing you chicken broth and stroking your brow :)

Bill T
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 04:26 AM
I'm wonderring if octozin might help? After all, I do have half a bottle full of it here!

the german
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 05:56 AM
do you really think it will help you? :D :shock: :D

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 07:39 AM
I'm wonderring if octozin might help? After all, I do have half a bottle full of it here!

Ohhh Bill. Don't even think about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill T
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:01 AM
Perhaps stick with the panadol - do ya' think?

the german
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
he bill
do you hink that helps against "squits" :lol: :lol: :lol:

fiftycal
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe you should feed them all bran, to bind the castings?

FishLover
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
You guys/gals have way too much time on your hands.

LOL

Bill T
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 10:27 PM
Just wanting to absolutely clear up any misconceptions here. I give the octozin to the fish, and I take the panadol personally. Oh, and it's the fish that has the squits! I have a headache.

Merrilyn
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 02:54 AM
Poor Bill, you really must be sick if you're still home. Do hope you get better soon.

Take some photos of your fish tank and post them here on the forum. That should take your mind off things.

Bill T
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 04:34 AM
Actually I have managed to go back to work today. My boss is on holidays so I am taking some "liberties".