PDA

View Full Version : Help!!black spots on my discus

pepp76
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hi all..

HELP!!
I have 5 small discus in a community tank 2 red turqs and 3 blue diamonds,over the past couple of days 2 of my blues have developed black spots on them.This is causing me great concern and i would be very thankful if someone could give me an explanation for thjis condition and/or any advice on dealing with this.

thanks,pepp76...

sammigold
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 01:32 AM
Could you possibly post some pictures

and also

1. your water parameters ie. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph etc...

2. your w/c regimen;

3. How long you have had the discus for?

4. Has their behaviour changed in any way? ie. are they acting sick/ shy/ flicking/ eating/not eating...

The more you can tell us, the more we can help... at the moment those spots could be as harmless as the peppering that you find on some strains such as pigeonbloods((although blue diamonds should not have any peppering at all).

We really need a better description and accompanying behavioural info. to be of any help to you.

cheers
sammi

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 10:46 AM
Some parasites will appear as black spots on fish.

Are you able to get a photo and post it here, so we can offer some suggestions?

pepp76
Thu Jan 25, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hello

My discus are a lot better,i treated the tank with HEXAMITA discus disease treatment and the spots have all but gone after 4 days,2 of my fish are showing signs of flicking.they are all feeding well and are not overly shy(they feed from my hand).i have no nitrite or nitrate my ph is 6.7 and have no ammoniamy water temp is 28-29 and i was wondering if this is the problem?

thanks,pepp76.