PDA

View Full Version : Why is my pair fighting?

Primordius
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:22 AM
Brilliant Turquoise pair soon to be breeding (hopefully). They were fine until I just added a small section of PVC piping for the egg laying. After a small afternoon feed, the slightly larger one is chasing the other around the tank. I don't know if it's them playing, some kind of mating cycle/ritual or territorial dominance because of less space in the tank now. Can someone help out? Should I be concerned? Is this a good thing?

Cheers.

scott bowler
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:27 AM
hi Primordius this is normal my pairs do it to each water change and things like that its like one wants to get the other to breed and is forcing it in to spawn .

the german
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:38 AM
welcome to the forum primordius.

i also think thats normal one is ready to spawn the other one not quite.
it will stop soon and then they will start their spawning buisness

scott bowler
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
oh yes sorry welcome Primordius hope we can help and hope you enjoy and learn as we do and have fun

Primordius
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I've kept many different fish in the past, but never had the time or money to put into something that's always been a passion of mine. They are a beautiful pair and i'm really hoping they get breeding.

It's great fun watching them eat (even though they take forever). I really hope you guys are right. If they are that close to breeding I would be over the moon.

Cheers for the help :)