Fri Jan 19, 2007, 03:53 AM
Hi all,
Thought you might like what i seen today

They are in cleaning mode with vents out :shock:

Fingers crossed :lol:
Cheers Wayne

scott bowler
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 04:01 AM
they are looking great wayne still not showing heaps of colour though it will come . in time hope they breed for you good luck with it . youll be seeing me real soon for a visit as nealy all the bills are paid and the money is still coming in hehe . need to spend on some new fish .

scott bowler
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 04:05 AM
wayne you think you could get someSolid red pigeons like mark got they are awesome i would love some of them cheers scotto

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 04:35 AM
are they turning darker when courting or staying the same shade ?? imo they won't be easy to breed.

Xtreme
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 07:01 AM
Hi All,
Thanks for the comments Scotty
They are still at the shop getting water changes everyday :)
I only feed them beefheart nothing else so maybe thats why they rnt as red as some,but hey i dont mind waiting for them to do color up naturally wont take long
They have grown a bit too
They must have been watching the spotted and checkered next door to them laying a batch out ,might have left something in the water :wink:

As for those red pigeons i dont think they will be too hard to track down but i dont think they will be too cheap atm,as i havent seen them here before(correct me if im wrong)
But leave it with me scotty

Samir,
Yes they are slightly darkening when courting more red comes out with darkening of the fins
Why do you think they will be hard to breed?

Cheers Wayne

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 07:53 AM
does the white down the middle turn dark ? something like the pic. especially if the male decides it wants to do all the parenting and can't turn dark, you might have a problem. imo they would have to be hard to breed otherwise they wouldn't be that expensive.

good luck with them. from the pic the male looks like it has great shape.

I'd be very interested to see/read, pictures/descriptions of how they look/behave before the fry are free swimming. do keep us posted if you have the time.

Xtreme
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hi All,

Samir,
Thanks for your input as thats a very valid Qs :P
I will take on board what you have said thanks :D
But i hope i dont have that problem, they do go a bit darker but hopefully they will get redder of time
I must bring them home soon but too busy atm but they seem happy where they are so
It will be interesting to see what the do and look for me too
I will keep everyone updated on them with pics etc....

Cheers Wayne

scott bowler
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 01:45 PM
thanks wayne drop me a line let me know how you go thanks mate

Merrilyn
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 11:31 PM
Amazing shape on that gorgeous male.

Good luck with them Wayne :P

I think the water conditions are going to be your biggest concern.