PDA

View Full Version : aggressive discus

samir
Thu Jan 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
my sole albino thinks its a red devil. any adult discus I add with it whether male or female gets thrashed. It tolerates the 7 juveniles and one adult leopard. if i keep it in a group of less than 6 it literally hunts down the fish one by one :evil: :evil:
contrary to what albino's are expected to be. its one of my strongest and healthiest fish. :evil: still not sure about the sex. it seems to dislike both male and female.

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 06:45 AM
is there a human equivalent of a windpipe somewhere on a discus .somebody's getting strangled. :x :x :x :x :x

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 06:50 AM
anybody know of any piscine anger management classes ??? :roll: sedatives ??

the german
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 08:11 AM
you should give him a mirror than he have an equal opponent :D

nicholas76
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
send it over to my place

Ill ensure the umbies will adjust its attitude hehe

DiscusEden
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
You could try aversion therapy - put in a mirror as the german suggested, and every time it goes to attack itself, give it an electric shock. Dropping a hairdryer in ought to be a cheap option for this. It nicely combines classical conditioning, ECT and DIY.

It'll never be aggressive again, I can guarantee you that.

Just don't put yur hands in with the hairdryer still in there.

HTH.

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 02:01 PM
i've never seen such an aggressive discus :x and i was told they were weak :roll:

DiscusMad
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
take him over your knee and smack its tail when it plays up lol

Del
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 09:32 PM
I have one too Samir - want to put them together and take bets on the winner !?? :lol:

DEL

nicholas76
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
Have we just developed a new form of sports betting?

cock fighting , now we have Discus fighting..

hmm lets check government legistlation lol

samir
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 04:00 AM
take him over your knee and smack its tail when it plays up lol

I've entertained thoughts of tossing it out the window :evil:

I have one too Samir - want to put them together and take bets on the winner !?? :lol:
DEL

It will make mincemeat of you fish. I predict a 20 second KO.

thats all it seems good for :x i have all my fish in one tank to recover from the shock they got a few days ago. now the pairs have made their own territories, and this guy goes around smashing each pair one by one :x

nicholas76
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 05:09 AM
Samir post a picture mate who is this fish we so talk about!!

DiscusEden
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:25 AM
It will make mincemeat of you fish. I predict a 20 second KO.

I'll put $20 on the other fish lasting more than 25 seconds. Your albino can't possibly be that good Samir. :D

samir
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:36 AM
it wont last more than 5 seconds in my home tank, 10 seconds in a neutral tank. :lol: :lol: :lol: i'll put up some video when i get the time

DiscusEden
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 06:43 AM
That'd be great. This I want to see.

samir
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 04:53 AM
they're four pairs in the tank all cleaning surfaces and now this weird fish is in turn joining each pair, doing a bit of cleaning and then chasing the pair away :shock: then it moves to the next pair. my brown male has finally decided to fight back so now it leaves the brown pair alone.
Nick its this fish

nicholas76
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 05:00 AM
and what a nice looking fish it is too!

you wouldnt have a big robust female to pair it up with.... sounds lonely mate lol

scott bowler
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 05:03 AM
thats a nice fish samir if you still have probs with him ill be happy to take him haha

samir
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 05:33 AM
i can't tell yet about the sex. there's one leopard it tolerates but thats about it. :? and thats not a good pairing. i was hoping to pair it with a marlboro or red melon.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
wanna put it in with my leopard pair? i have to move houses in a few days and im freaking out about putting this pair in a bucket/tank with other discus because these 2 fish are just insane! they are great looking fish, huge and great parents they just dont do well when there are other fish in the tank! im not sure what im going to do when i move on thursday but i hope i dont have to say good by to any of my other discus

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 08:44 AM
Looks like it's a "she" to me Samir.
MAC

samir
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
looks like a she to me too, only problem is it thrashes all the males. females too :x surprisingly it never bothers the smaller fish

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 09:24 AM
I have one female Gold Melon that bashes every male I mate her with. She's bashed one of them to the extent he's now blind in one eye, it's a tough world! Find her (I think) the right mate and she'll very likely be the best parent you've got.
MAC