PDA

View Full Version : discus eating my beefheart mix :)

fish_r
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
snapped a short vid "sorry about the crap quality"
made a beef heart mix "thx to ladyred" and happy to say my fish seem to like it :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/th_DSCF1436.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/?action=view&current=DSCF1436.flv)

tlambert
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
wow rob there very happy to eat out of your hands if i stick my hands in the tank they dont peck the food they peck and my hand :lol: :lol: :lol:

bun
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thats awesome :D some very beautiful fish aswell.

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:09 AM
Rob, that's fantastic! I was jealous before of your crystal clean tanks and fantastic plant growth, even your fish were drool material, but now you get them to behave like that! They're amazingly tame! I love the little pigeonblood - he's so bold!

Is the food frozen when you feed it? How long did they take to get that confident?

fish_r
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
thats good that they peck @ ur hands m8, least there not scared of u :wink:

i actually moved 3 of the fish in that tank about a week a go, they were in my big tank but i moved a few around and now have all my bigger fish in my 5 foot and all my smaller fish in that tank...
the fish in my big tank are much more timid, i think it has to do with the timid fish are in a dark room with lighting on 12hrs a day with not much people traffic, but the other tank is in daylght + has lights on 12hrs a day and lots of people/dog traffic.
as soon as i go near the tank they come up for food :)

the food is frozen DE, they seem to like the coldness lol, they do the same with all the frozen food i feed, and they go sick over the frozen bloodworm...
thx for the compliments DE :oops: i'm sure ur tank will be at least as good if not better :)

scott bowler
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
looks good rob good when the fish are happy and will eat out of your finger good stuff mate

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
I seriously doubt that, but i live in hope.

You've done incredibly well with these guys. Any pics of the bigger tank?

wind54
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
awesome stuff Rob! looks even better in real life

fish_r
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 02:59 PM
thx guys :)
here's a cpl of pic of the 5 foot DE, i changed every thing around except the substrate, ended up cutting that big bit of driftwood to make more room for the discus and went for a more natural environment, it's just starting to come good again after all the water issues i had cause of the high lighting i "had"
anyway wont rave on any more here's the pics...

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 06:08 AM
Love that fan shaped plant you have right in the middle of the tank.

What is it?

Gorgeous tank by they way :P

DiscusEden
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 07:06 AM
I was eyeing off the same plant. I love the re-modelling. Very lush, but still pleanty of room to see the fish. And for shy tackers, you've got some great photos!

You've done a great job! What are the plants in there? (Especially the fan-shaped one).

DiscusEden

scott bowler
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 07:21 AM
looks realy nice fish _r love those plants

fish_r
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 11:03 AM
thx for the feed back guys :)

Love that fan shaped plant you have right in the middle of the tank What is it?
it was sold to me as a narrow leaf sword, the leaves are about 1 1/2cm wide
and usually go to a point, but i had to trim the ends off cause of algae probs.
i was told by the shop keeper that it was pretty rare, but have seen it in other shops. "not sure of the exact name" but will try and find out .
i do have a smallish one next to it the same if you want it LR or DE...
(just let me know)
also shoots out runners every now and then.
other plants are : Amazon Sword, Ozelot Swords, Echinodorus Paul Kloekner,
cpl of different Echinodorus's frilly and straight, red lotus, few differnt types of crypts, mayaca, Contortionist Val,

Echinodorus Paul Kloekner