PDA

View Full Version : KFC

fish_r
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 12:26 PM
we always look after our fishes food needs so well
so here's one to look after our nutrition :)

11 SECRET HERBS AND SPICES - KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS.

2 T. paprika
1 T. onion salt
1 t. celery salt
1 t. rubbed sage
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. ground allspice
1 t. ground oregano
1 t. chili powder
1 t. black pepper
1 t. sweet basil leaves, crushed
1 t. marjoram leaves, crushed fine

Combine all ingredients as listed in a small jar with a tight fitting lid (baby food jars work well). Shake mixture to combine. Stores for months. Keep out of direct sunlight, heat and humidity.
(makes about 1/3 cup)

TO USE:
Mix together 4 t. mixture, 1 c. flour, 2 T. packed light brown sugar and 1 t. salt. Place in doubled plastic food bag and add chicken to coat. Fry.

sammigold
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 01:01 PM
OMG!!! that sounds YUM!!!

Fish R! you are really outdoing yourself tonight... I am going to save that and employ my man to make it for us!

I love KFC so if it is anywhere near close to that... I will die!!

mmmm finger lickin good!!! (ooh am I giving away my age? LOL)

fish_r
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 12:04 AM
glad u like it Sammi
let us know how it turns out pls :)
i havn't tried it yet, but from what i read it tastes the same :wink:

Robdog
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
Playing 20/20 cricket on TV with KFC sponsorship at dinner time should be illegal!!! :)

ashley
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:14 PM
Had to add this story to this post as I thought it was quite unusual.

After going out to a friends place for a couple of drinks to celerbrate the new year my wife and i got a touch of the munchies on the way home.

So seeing the lights on at KFC decided we needed some of that, so we pulled into the drive through to place our order.

We are sitting at the order window for an attendant to serve us,when I look up to see a printed sign on the window informing us that, WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE HOWEVER WE HAVE RAN OUT OF CHICKEN!

What the? :x

This is the oldest and the biggest takeaway franchise in the world.

How the hell can they run out of chook?

Im printing that recipe out so i dont have to miss out again. :cry:

Ashley

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:29 PM
My first job was working there and it used to happen fairly regularly. We were told to convince people to order other things (nuggets, that kind of thing) without letting them know we'd run out. You try it from the drive through window.

Ended up getting fired, 'cos they told me it was supposed to be fast & I told them it was supposed to be food.