PDA

View Full Version : Does a curved Aquarium distort the fish -Juwel

Bad Inferno
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 11:53 AM
I was looking at the Juwel 450 Aquarium that has the curved front.
Does a curve distort the fish when looking into the tank.

Anybody have a Juwel Aquarium and can comment on glass quality ?
http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/vision.htm

cheers

rob

Proteus
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 12:57 PM
Having seen the entire range of Juwel aquariums, accessories, backgrounds etc etc at last years trade show I can safely say their construction and appearance is second to none.

Personally I would rate thm higer than the Aqua Medic tanks, and miles above the chinese products.

Bad Inferno
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 01:05 PM
What do you think of the internal Juwel filter ?

I think they should sell the tanks with an option not to get the filter. So that I can use a canister..main reason would be UV circulation.

Bad Inferno
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 01:07 PM
My comparison is to Akva-Stabil...My wife hates these tanks (with the pronounced frame and corners) so I'm trying to find a compromise, which has led me to Juwel.

Could I retrofit T5 lighting ?

Proteus
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 10:20 PM
You could easily replace the lighting system, but bear in mind the lights that come with it are totally unique, unlike any other lighting system they are totally waterproof. At the Trade show one of the Juwel executives dismantled the bracket holding the light and just dropped it in the water whilst turned on... nothing happenned.... I guess for some it is a saftey feature, personally I think if you take care who needs a waterproof light.

taksan
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 10:15 AM
My comparison is to Akva-Stabil...My wife hates these tanks (with the pronounced frame and corners) so I'm trying to find a compromise, which has led me to Juwel.

Could I retrofit T5 lighting ?

Ummmmm .....she's nuts

Ben
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 10:48 AM
What you need is a Red Sea Max tank!

They will be in Australia any day now! We are even getting them before the yanks do!

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/index.html

of course its a marine tank.....

ellwa
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 11:16 AM
I want one.

Think I might buy one after my trip up to cairns.

and I like the idea of mixing my own seawater -- and I don't mind getting myself an RO unit.

:D

good value, too.

Ben
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 11:24 AM
Time to convert everyone to the dark side.

Proteus
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 11:44 AM
They will be in Australia any day now! We are even getting them before the yanks do!

Only for the one's that pre-order them...

There are 3 x 40' containers of these coming down here, and 2/3rd's of them are already sold (hence why most OLS have them listed as pre-order items... these things are selling like hot cakes)

DiscusEden
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that's gonna take a lot of work with a product like that Ben. You're evil. And I'm going to run out of space. I thought coveting was supposed to be bad, so why show stuff like that?

Mrs Whippy
Thu Jan 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
Hi,
I have a Juwel Vision 260 Bow Front, its an excellent tank!. It doesn't distort the fish shape, but I ditched the intenal fitter (kept it as a backup), and opted for an external.