PDA

View Full Version : my female seems unhappy about move...

shayesmommy
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 04:55 AM
i have a pair of discus that were regularly laying.
i have moved them once long before now...
But last weekend i moved the pair into there own 20gallon tank... in the bedroom. For privacy and comfort.
The last time she layed was dec 25th.
The move went fine.
the water is the exact same as their other home.
the male kinda freaked out during but hes trying to get her too breed and She wont. They eat. Look fine.
It was a bare tank. With nothing but an intake tube.
But she looked skittish. So i added some gravel and a big plastic plant for some shelter.
I know she is still probably stressed, but how long do you think it will be before she gets into things again.
Im sure that i didnt break them up cause she wont leave the males side..
I just dont know how to make her happier.

Del
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 06:16 AM
I moved my pair from my community tank, where they were laying every 2 weeks, to their own tank on December 10th.

On Saturday I did a 40% waterchange but also let the water cool to 25degrees (their tank is usually 28-29). They laid at 8pm.

It has been about 45hrs now and although the female has been fanning them, they have started to turn white.

I don't think the male is as good at looking after them. He kind of does his job then takes off! :wink: But at least they laid!

It did take almost a month though and my water was exactly the same as the community tank.

Guess they just have to get settled in...? Fingers crossed for you!

DEL

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 09:36 AM
IMO it just depends on the individual fish. I move fish/pairs all the time and sometimes they lay off for a few days, sometimes for a couple of weeks. I moved two females today to new males and they're both pecking at cones 2 hours later, they're all different.
MAC