PDA

View Full Version : How to distinguish good quality rose red?

ivo
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hi all, can anyone give some advice on how to distinguish good rose red? i saw some rose red has blue rings and some don't, and some has around 9 stress bars but some has something 16 stress bars. are blue ring and no. of stress bars relevant? thanks.

samir
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 11:58 AM
from what i've heard the ones with the blue ring are san merah, and are more desirable. of course I could be totally wrong.

ivo
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 02:14 AM
thank you samir.

tao
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 09:02 AM
i. adult still has the first eye bar
ii. blue stripe on the head
iii. black or blue fin circle
if there are any of these three, the red rose go to B grade.
14bars show it has snakeskin blood, which is a way to get rid of stripes. but this way is not normal. maybe only Taiwan breeder tried it before. so hard to see this kind of fish.
red or not depends on sex or how u look after them. so quality is not decide by it.

scott bowler
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 09:41 AM
i got this guy as a red rose i have been told that it is a good quality fish and have also been told it is a san merah . it a very young fish and look like its starting to get a ring on the fins

tao
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 10:28 AM
many fish will show breeding circle when mature.
but the ring I mentioned is different. It's blue mix with black and always there no matter they want sex or not.

ivo
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 10:41 AM
very nice rose red scott. how many stress bars it has? i m bit confused now so having blue ring is better quality or not?

tao
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 10:47 AM
blue ring is always bad, black ring in breeding season is normal. when they r small should have no ring.

nicholas76
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 08:07 AM
This one used to belong to Lady red

its a lovely specimen.

anything close to this and your pretty much on the money. Ivo if I can assist let me know.