PDA

View Full Version : a couple of photos of my 6 foot

tlambert
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 05:28 AM
i have never posted pics of my tanks on this forum yet so heres the biggest of my tanks 6 foot will be removing the fish to turn into a discus tank soon (soon as i get some more money in the bank after christmas :wink: ) anyway at the moment it contains a discus angels corys briselnoses and a colony of neons :wink: enough talk heres the pics let me know what you all think

scott bowler
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 05:48 AM
nice tank . dont know about the fish, is it going well for you i have never seen silver sharks in a discus tank angles some times can be keep but can also couse probs but . but if it s working for you good on you hope you have a good new year all the best

tlambert
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 05:57 AM
seems to be working gr8 but when we add they discus all fish but the neons will be going into one of the other 5 tanks we have as i dont like mixing them i acually have another tank with two juvi red turks in there which will be the first to go into this tank but it will just be my briselnoses, neons and the discus might leave the corys in there as well dont know yet

at the moment there is only one discus in there acually think it might have paired with one of my angels as they go everywhere with each other very wierd discus :wink:

tlambert
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 05:59 AM
heres a photo i took a couple of days back when one of my anibius was in flower never did get a photo of it while it was fully open and i only run two 30watt lights on this tank and no co2

ryan
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 09:39 PM
looks good - is that java fern you have planted in the substrate?

Ive always had no luck when planting in the substrate - though yours looks OK if Im not mistaken?

fish_r
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 10:45 PM
looking great Tyrone :)
hows the red turks going ?
will probably have a few discus for sale soon if ur interested, thinking of selling my golden crystal "female"
a red turk and maybe a snakeskin and maybe a cpl of others...

tlambert
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 10:58 PM
looks good - is that java fern you have planted in the substrate?

Ive always had no luck when planting in the substrate - though yours looks OK if Im not mistaken?

yeah it is and its also planted at the back behind the wood and seems to grow very well

looking great Tyrone
hows the red turks going ?
will probably have a few discus for sale soon if ur interested, thinking of selling my golden crystal "female"
a red turk and maybe a snakeskin and maybe a cpl of others...

yeah thanks starting to look good, yeah the red turks are going great but man the little buggas can eat always hungry

sammigold
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 01:40 AM
I think you tank looks great!!!! I wish I could get java fern to grow... I have these tiny little things growing but its soooooo slow!

tlambert
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 05:59 AM
I think you tank looks great!!!! I wish I could get java fern to grow... I have these tiny little things growing but its soooooo slow!

:lol: :lol: :lol: and i wish i could get mine to slow down im forever pulling it out and planting it at the base of the mother plant as its spreading so quick i've now had to start putting it at the front :wink:

ryan
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 06:33 AM
do you have low capacity light - or high capacity lighting?

I always have the problem of the furn appearing to darken off then 'melt' and break down - whereas the rest of the plants are going great - though they are high light plants (lotus etc)

iro11a
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 06:56 AM
Tank looks great mate did it take you long to grow your plants up i set up my 3 foot tank and the plants need to grow,my advice is get rid of angels and put about 10 discus in there,leave the corys and maybe add some tetras for schooling.

cheers

tlambert
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 10:40 AM
Tank looks great mate did it take you long to grow your plants up i set up my 3 foot tank and the plants need to grow,my advice is get rid of angels and put about 10 discus in there,leave the corys and maybe add some tetras for schooling.

cheers

yeah thats the master plan already have two red turks in one of my other tanks that will go in there and there is already 15 neons in there

tlambert
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 10:41 AM
do you have low capacity light - or high capacity lighting?

I always have the problem of the furn appearing to darken off then 'melt' and break down - whereas the rest of the plants are going great - though they are high light plants (lotus etc)

im only running 90 watts of light over the tank at the moment so i would class that as low light :wink:

tlambert
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 08:12 AM
heres what the tank looked like a year ago when we first set it up as you can see its come a lonnnnng way since then :wink: