PDA

View Full Version : Electric Blue holding

nkoutell
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 11:59 PM
Hi Guys,
My Electric Blue was holding for about 2 week then yesterday i transfered her into a smaller tank ready for her fry but noticed her mouth was not as full anymore... im abit puzzled cause i know she did not release so did she eat them?

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 09:42 AM
Hi NK,

This is a Discus forum so you are probably better off asking about
Africans on a dedicated Cichlid forum. There is a very good one based in Sydney and another popular one in Qld. If you do a Google search it will give you the addresses.
MAC

DiscusEden
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 12:05 PM
There is a dwarf cichlid section in this forum, with some very knowledgable people. They might be able to help if you try this thread in that section?

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help!

Dan
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
You could have spooked and stressed her while transferring her which could be why she ate some.

When they are stressed or spooked its common for them to swallow their eggs.

I usually put them in floaters after 2 weeks to let them spit and since its still in the same tank the water and temp. are the same and it doesnt' stress her as much then moving her to a different tank.

Some people strip their females after 2 weeks and a bit because the babies are developed enough to survive by themselves in a floater and this doesnt' starve the females for too long and more babies are saved.

But its up to you what you prefer to do, the natural approach and let her spit herself or strip her.