PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Professionel II Filter 2028

g.c.discus
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 02:50 PM
is any one using this model filter and how tall is it. am looking at it on asa site. it wouldn't be too large for 250 litre tank?

ryan
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 11:31 PM
ive got one on one of my tanks - the tanks not big just a little under 300lt and it does a good job

the way I look at it i would rather over do it than under

the unit stands around ~42cm to the top of the primer - so you would need to add a little for the hose connectors etc

previously I had a fluval and changing over to this was the best move I made

best of luck!

Dee
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 11:52 PM
Hi G.C,

I have had one of the Eheim ProII 2028's in the past and can't recommend them enough :) I had mine on a 260L tank and it was great, they have an adjustable output so you can have it going as hard as you want.

ASA have a great price on them mate, so I wouldn't hesitate to go for one. You could go for the 2026 if money is an issue, but my advice is to go for the 2028 ... incase you want to upgrade ya tank size in the future. the ProII's are IMO one of the best eheims out there, general maintanance is a breeze and they have a flow indicator so you can tell when it needs a clean ;)

The main difference between the 2028 and the 2026 is the 2028 has an extra media basket, hence the height difference, and as they say ... you can never have to much filteration ;) Go for it I say ... you wont be disapointed !!!

Cheers,

Dee :D

g.c.discus
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 11:57 AM
ordered filter yesterday from asa. was surprised by how much some places wanted for same filter. :shock:

ryan
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 07:30 PM
good move - you wont be disappointed

taksan
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 02:26 AM
Excellent filter .... can't go wrong with one of those

Proteus
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 06:59 AM
The 2028 & the 2228 (if you want to save a few $$$ and compromise a few features) are my favourite filters.

I have a 2228 which has been running non stop now for over 6 years, aside from the usual maintenance nothing has been replaced (except for media) and it is totally silent.