Discus Trace 500ml - $20.95
Reef Builder 600g - $19.95
Reef Carbonate 500ml - $11.95

DVD Aquarium (Widescreen)
Recorded in High Definition Colour - $15.95

Loads more AquaDeals still to add.

ASA
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 09:44 AM
Just a reminder, the sale on all Seachem & Pinnacle products will end tomorrow, Thursday the 4th of January. Further Seachem discounts will be provided for bulk purchases, just send us an email with what you are after and we will come back with a better price than what is listed online.

ASA
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 09:27 PM
Featured Product

Eden WaveJet Powerhead:

Self-rotating powerhead.

“Wavelet” the unique and self-rotating water outlet system, makes this line of powerhead the most technologically advanced and functional product in the field of professional and serious fish keeping.

These powerheads, developed to enhance the efficiency of under-gravel filtration systems, are also specifically aimed at marine/reef tanks and in all other uses where the maximum of total water circulation will be required.

The unique construction of the Wavelet system which automatically and continuously moves from left to right and back, creates a wave effect which reaches even the most hidden corners of the tank ensuring the uniform circulation of the entire water column.

The rotating action is obtained hydraulically and without any added energy.

Made in Italy
3 year warranty

2 Models available:

PH212 - 100-400lph
PH228 - 200-1000lph

Powerheads (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=85)

The full range of Eden water pumps and other filtration devices will be available in the coming days at Australia's best prices.

Robdog
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
Would one of those Wavejets be overkill in one of the 24g Orca tanks with a reef setup or do they have sufficient circ as standard???
On the topic of Orca tanks, when will THIS PUPPY (http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod_28g_nano.html) hit our shores??

ASA
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:29 AM
The Wavejets are adjustable, i.e. the 212 flow rate can be reduced to 100lph.

As for the Orca/Boyu pimped tank by JBJ, I doubt we will see that here any time soon. They import the tank from China and modify them at their end.

Although given how well the Red Sea Max is being recieved in the market, who knows

Pauly
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
Any news on the tank grooming tools you hinted at getting in on a post last year. I have been useing kitchen scissors & chopsticks & feel it is time for an upgrade .

ASA
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:44 AM
We have some tools in stock now (scissors & tweezers), sadly their is not enough hours in the day, or days in the week to load them onto the site.

We will get some specifics together tomorrow and advise accordingly

ASA
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
Notice of change to Loyalty Scheme

We are pleased to announce the "ASA Loyalty Scheme".

This is a reward program that has no fine print, no additional cost involved and no need to enter any coupon or discount numbers.

How does it work?

We will have preset spend amounts, and once you have made purchases to that value you will receive a preset discount which will be loaded onto your customer account, and is valid on top of any other relevant discount or promotion, including AquaDeal products and sale items. (excludes special package deals).

There must be a catch?

No, it doesnt matter what you purchase, or over how ever long a period of time it takes, once you meet one of the preset spend amounts you will have the additional discount provided.

What are the preset spend amounts?

Level 1 - $2,500 = 2.5%
Level 2 - $5,000 = 5.0%
Level 3 - $10,000 = 7.5%

We are also changing the Forum and Club member discounts, now both get 5% discount. To compensate for the cancellation of the 10% club member discount we will be from time to time having special Club only sales or promotions that will only be made available to specific club members.

Aquarium Supplies Australia reserves the right to, without notice or agreement, cancel or alter the Customer Loyalty Scheme.

Thank you.

(It will take some days to go through every customers details, however if any sales are made from now, any applicable discounts will be deducted manually by us)

We are pleased to announce some major changes to the Loyalty Scheme that we offer.

Effective Immediately, the preset amounts and Loyalty Scheme Reward have been changed

New preset spend amounts?

Level 1 - $1,000 = 2.5%
Level 2 - $2,500 = 5.0%
Level 3 - $5,000 = 7.5%
Level 4 - $7,500 = 10.0%

This change is not retrospective, and eligible customers will have their accounts modified within the next few days.

Other changes that have already been implented:

Free Shipping on orders over $250 has ended, however all shipping rates nationwide up to 10-15kg have been reduced, more significantly for our friends in WA, NT & TAS, now most orders should only cost $8.50 to ship (excluding substrates & salts)

Available product quantities are slowly being added to all products, so that you know exactly what is in stock, or, if it is a Special Order Item if it will take 3-5 days, 5-7 days, 7-14 days etc to arrive from the supplier and forward to you. (this will take some time to complete).

More time spent on the Live Support feature to answer questions, there and then. Once again, this is time dependant, based on how busy we are. If we are not online, just send us a message either through the Contact Us link or the Live Support Offline button and we will get back to you a.s.a.p.

Thank you

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:50 AM
That sounds fantastic! I'm sitting here trying to work out how much I've spent now....

I thought I may have heard a rumour in December that there may be some new CO2 systems coming out in January. Any truth in this?

Thanks again for all of your help - you guys are just fantastic!

DiscusEden

fish_r
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
any word on if u are getting the glass blown co2 diffusers etc ? really keen to give a cpl of them a go...

ASA
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 12:24 PM
C02 glassware and other C02 bits and pieces will be available soon (probably closer to February). First we need to play catch up after the Christmas/New Year period given that most , if not all suppliers closed for 2-3 weeks, and some suppliers are still working on last years backorders... fun fun fun

For those that are waiting on orders, most should be cleared in the next few days.

We are also in the process of sourcing new suppliers for high quality books, posters and DVD's/Video's, so stay tuned for updates as this occurs, and new products are made available.

fish_r
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
thx for the reply...
oooow some nice discus posters would be great :)

Robdog
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 02:07 AM
....modify them at their end.

That being said, is there anyway to upgrade the stock lighting for reef applications(without going into the HQI's) or is the stock lighting sufficient for fairly basic reefing???

I'm thinking about giving marine a go and think that these might be a good place to start.

Chow
Tue Jan 16, 2007, 08:10 AM
Hey,

I was after the saltwater master testkit that you guys have on special but you've sold out, are you getting more in and would they be the same price?

Thanks

ASA
Tue Jan 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
Hey,

I was after the saltwater master testkit that you guys have on special but you've sold out, are you getting more in and would they be the same price?

Thanks

We only sold out of that kit late this afternoon. We will have new stock arriving within the next week and yes they will be the same price.

ASA
Tue Jan 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
FYI: We were going to wait for another few days before we announced an entire new range of products and goodies that have been loaded onto the site, however customers have already found the new items and some things have already sold out, before being properly launched, so the word is out, might as well launch things now.

Newly updated Books/Media section

We have in stock a huge range of species specific laminated posters, with lots more to come.

Over the next few days an entire range of new books and magazines will be made available for the first time in Australia. We are also looking at introducing several new DVD's & Video's depening on the formats available.

Books - Magazines - Posters - DVD's (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=141)

Chow
Wed Jan 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks, ill be making an order when they come in, and i know when they sold out my brother got the last one...

ASA
Thu Jan 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
Red Sea Max - NOW AVAILABLE (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2166)

Special launch price $945.00

Cabinet Available for $229.95

(plus relevant shipping charges)

http://www.redseamax.com

As a special launch offer you can also get the Red Sea Max starter kit which will normally cost $165.00 for only $115.00

Starter kit includes:

* Reef Base (10 kg / 22 lb)
* Coral Pro Salt (7 kg / 210 liters, 15.4 lb / 55 gal)
* Hydrometer with built-in thermometer
* NitroBac bio starter (100 ml / 3.4 fl oz)
* Marine Lab master test lab
* Calcium Pro test lab (25 tests)
* Buff - pH & alkalinity stabilizer (100 ml / 3.4 fl oz)
* Calcium+3 - calcium & trace element supplement (100 ml / 3.4 fl oz)
* MarineGro food

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/Red_Sea_MAX_Starter_kit.html

(the starter kit offer is only available on orders for the Red Sea Max aquarium system)

Roy
Thu Jan 18, 2007, 09:12 PM
Gee thats tempting....but going to have to pass :(
Trip to Fiji in March has cleaned me out !

Roy

ASA
Fri Jan 19, 2007, 06:35 AM
STOP PRESS

For those customers interested in the Red Sea Max aquarium system, we have a fantastic offer for those willing to pick up the unit themselves from our store. (Taren Point, Sydney)

Store Pick-up customers will enjoy the great online savings, AND get the Max Starter Kit - FREE OF CHARGE (that represents a further saving of over $100). The order will need to be made online, and this offer is for complete unit sales only - aquarium system and stand). Just place you order online, select Store Pick-Up and the rest will be done by us.

We will have a display model in stock and running next week, so anybody who is interested in this great new product you are welcome to come and have a look.

Gee thats tempting....but going to have to pass :(
Trip to Fiji in March has cleaned me out !

Roy

There is always the layby option... lol :wink:

also...

Waterlife Octozin - now back in stock

Robdog
Fri Jan 19, 2007, 07:05 AM
:roll: Well I've thought about it and I'm going to have to pass...............pass by Xtreme and pick mine up then!!!!!! :o :o :o :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave2 :wave2 :wave2 :wave2 :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb
Not enough smilies!

Dee
Fri Jan 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the RSM fold Rob :twisted:

DiscusEden
Fri Jan 19, 2007, 01:30 PM
STOP PRESS
There is always the layby option... lol :wink:

:shock: I thought the layby option had disappeared :shock:

:? All those plans of self-control rapidly going down the drain :roll:

Could you please spell out the layby option again, or were you only cruelly teasing?

Ben
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 08:08 AM
ASA, great price on the RS max tanks! i have seen the package retail in Melbourne for over $1500-.

I have a question on one of your aqua-medic products.

How well does the Nitratreductor NR400 work with just the Dosing Pump SP3000? What advantage is there when the Mv controller and Mv computer is added.

I have a 290L marine tank and would like to know the affectivness of the Nitratreductor NR400 with pump on a tank of this size.

thanks for your help.

Ben

Proteus
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 08:56 AM
This may help...

I have found my NR1000 works a lot better when hooked up directly to a return line from a filter. With the addition of a reducing T piece the flow is minimal, but is constant. I have an SP3000 and found that it isnt that effective, plus the neo-propeline tube needs lubricating every week or so, and needs replacing every 6-8 weeks or flow stops.

I just use the MV computer to monitor levels both in the tank (as redox potential) as well as in the NR1000 (just swap the probe cables over when doing my daily checks to verify the level.

Without the SP3000 the computer only acts as a monitor, not a controller.

I know a few people that run NR400's off the return line from canister filters, and with just the addition of a few deniballs in the chamber, get great results and low nitrate readings (0ppm from the NR return line).

Personally I find the deniballs a better option than the denimar powder. (lasts longer and is more stable)

Robdog
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 03:41 AM
Just a quick question about the RSM, is there any pump available that would fit in compartment #4 in the picture below???
http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/images/Filteration_pic.jpg

Proteus
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 04:18 AM
The Eheim compact pumps will fit in their perfectly, ideal for hooking up to a chiller

ASA
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 06:55 AM
The Red Sea Max system will be up and running in the shop (Xtreme) tomorrow.

The cabinet etc was assembled today and I must say it is a very solid unit (all you need is a phillips screwdriver). The Starter kit is even more impressive in person, EVERYTHING you need to get your new marine tank up and running.

The pick up promotion (free starter kit) will run to Thursday the 25th (orders placed by then).

Midweek Madness Sale

Select Hikari Foods reduced by up to 30%

Algae Wafers 250g - $12.95
Algae Wafers 1kg - $49.95
Food Sticks 250g - $19.95
Food Sticks 1kg - $59.95
Sinking Wafers 1kg - $49.95
Sinking Carnivore Pellets 1kg - $64.95
Marine S 50g - $5.95
Marine A 110g - $9.95

Whilst Stocks Last - No Backorders

k0b0i
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 10:38 PM
Hey ASA,

I wanted to purchase the 400 substrate heater on special but couldn't figure out how as it's out of stock.

Will i still be able to purchase at that sale price when you have it in?

Cheers,
Kev

k0b0i
Sat Jan 27, 2007, 10:43 PM
Ohh NVM

It's available now. Guess i missed out on the special.

Cheers,
Kev

ASA
Tue Jan 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
January specials end tomorrow.

Also it is the last day of our extra special AquaMedic AquaDeals that we have had on offer.

Aqua Medic Ocean Runner Pumps:

OR2500 - $89.95
OR3500 - $129.95
OR6500 - $199.95

Other massive savings can be found on select Aqua Medic skimmers, reactors, and components.

Other super special AquaDeals such as the Sera C02 system also finish tomorrow.

Thanks

fiftycal
Tue Jan 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
Just put in an order for pick up.

My wallet is so thin now. Had to even save money by picking up, although I saved a heap from the specials!

Why must everything be so cheap and tempting and good.

Proteus
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 09:25 AM
After finally getting a bit of time to set things up...

(excuse the cloudiness, the water had only just been added)

ASA
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 10:00 AM
Some of the February specials are already loaded.

Sera Discus Premium 4.2kg $129.95

All Standard DeBary AquaUV units 20-30% off

Tetra Colorbits $19.95

All Breeders Blend Foods 10% off

...and plenty more to come