PDA

View Full Version : Bung Eye

ashley
Sat Dec 30, 2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have my first problem with one of my fish.

Noticed that today after a water change that 1 of my blue turks was hiding behind plants and looking rather dark and sad.

I have attached a couple of pics , although they are not the best, you can see that his eye seems to be protruding from his head more than normal.

Has anyone have any ideas? And a remedy?

Cheer Ashley :(

samir
Sat Dec 30, 2006, 06:56 AM
eyes like that would probably be a bacterial infection.

fishgeek
Sat Dec 30, 2006, 08:06 AM
unilateral pop eye i have good success treating with topical opthalmic ointment or drops containing antibiotics and most importantly antinflammatories

if you have anything available to you(try asking the local vet or doctor - just be honest about what you need it for and they may help0
then you need to apply it twice daily
i find keeping the fish in a smaller aquarium or jug so that you can lift him out wiht your hand rather than repeatedly netting and maybe further damaging the eye

bilateral pop eye is a different situation

andrew

ashley
Sat Dec 30, 2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks Guys for your replies,

Will try to score some antinflamatry ointment.

I do have some e-mycin that I will use tonight and I will see how I go, and will let you know how things turn out

Cheers Ashley

ashley
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 08:34 AM
I thought I would give you an update on my popeyed Blue Turk.

This is him after a week, a huge improvment as you may see.

I did a nitrates test after my last post and found them to be elevated some what so I did an immidiate 50% water change and 20% each day after that for the next week.

I dont know if that helped the the eye problem or not, however he seems to be a lot better.

His eye has gone back to where it should be , but is still a touch cloudy, however I believe that he will make a full recovery.

Ashley

fishgeek
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 09:21 AM
fantastic
sounds like a healthy fish in appropriate enviroment is able to sort himself out

good job on keeping his water healthy for him

andrew

scott bowler
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 09:25 AM
good job ash well done .good to see the fish is goin well again