PDA

View Full Version : Internal Filters - which one ?

Rgoganj
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 10:19 PM
Internal filters,

I'm after easy to maintain and quiet internal filter.

I was wondering which internal filters people use and recommend ?

Thanks

Rgoganj
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 04:43 AM
Any one ?? :cry:

Roy
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 04:49 AM
Personally i just use a cannister filter on my tanks.
Are you after just filtration or water movement in general ?
Fluval and Eheim both make good internal filters, at the end of the day they are just powerheads with sponges attached to them.

Roy

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 05:02 AM
I had an Eheim internal filter on my last 3 foot tank for about 10 years, and it ran well and quietly for all of that time, and is still going in its new home. I think it's worth going Eheim, but it's just IMO.

sharkbaitnemo
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 05:16 AM
I found the Otto to be quite good value. Doesn't clog up like the Fluval.

Rgoganj
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 08:04 AM

Roy : I'm after water movement, more tham filtration as it will be for a planted tank.

ml29
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 06:24 AM
How about the Tunze nano streams, it may be a little too much water movement depending on your tank size

Rgoganj
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 11:04 AM
Hi ml29 I was looking at them on the ASA site, a bit to much $$$ :cry:

I was wondering if any one has used Aqua pro internal filters ? :shock:
AOA has then for a good price.

sharkbaitnemo, I've spoke to someone how has had the Otto's and found that they can be noisy

Thanks

Robdog
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 01:38 AM
I have one of the Hagen Elite mini's on a little 30L planted tank. Makes a bit of noise with the venturi attached but without it, whisper quiet and it gives fairly good circulation. I don't have any fish in the tank so I've never really tested it's biological capabilities.

It really depends on what size tank you intend it to service. If I get another one for a small tank, I'm going to get one of the Rena Filstar's.