PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Colour Bits

DiscusMad
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 01:59 PM
I use them for the morning feed every second day. The thing is my cats had decovered once the lid was not replace one day because a forgetful fish keeper recived a phone call while feeding his fish. The cats loved it!
now every time I open the colour bits I have 2 cats rubing against my legs! :roll:

sammigold
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 10:26 PM
I had to put my algae wafers in a box and then in a drawer because it wasnt just my catfish that loved them.

My cat learned how to knock the box off the bench, get the lid off and then claw/chew his way through the plastic. He goes beserk when there is ever any algae wafers around.

If only I could put him in the tank as an algea eater! LOL

DiscusEden
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 11:40 PM
So glad to hear this.

I thought my cat was a freak. I bought a bag of algae wafers (large) and he grabbed it, ran off with it between his legs and had eaten through the plastic by the time I discovered it. They're now locked in a cupboard. The wafers, not the cat. He also seems to think I get the fish food out for him, not the fish.

The other cat has no interest after I left the lid off a tank of yabbies and came home to discover a yabbie on the floor and the cat with a swollen paw. Now it's all beneath his dignity.

Thanks for the reassurance about freaky algae cat guys,
DiscusEden

Nathan
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 11:26 AM
yea my cat loves the omega super colour flakes, every time thge top is opened she can smell it an she comes up to me

Squid
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 01:36 AM
Well , as my wife is a vet we have many animals including 4 cats. Glad to see its not only me who has a cat VS fish food problem. I also have a cockatoo who is very fond of pellets. You cant hide anything from a cocky believe me. He opens the food boxes and then everyone gets fed except the fish. I have had positive results in the past with a tank full of Oscars. When the cats are kittens, put then on the glass lids and leave one lid off. The cat will most likely try to catch an oscar (or Red Devil). the retribution from the fish in a feeding frenzy on the cats tail or poor is quite funny to us, and educational to the cat. Siamese fighters with their lids of are still fair game though

Disclaimer: all animal training was under dierct supervision of a vet - so I cant go to jail

Squid

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 03:49 AM
Nope, cats are fine with the Siamese Fighters, but the aliens took my last fighter a week ago, then brought it back stiff as a board 3 days later. I asked the cats and they said it was the aliens.

Squid
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah - all of my cats under oath will tell you these aliens come in at night. As my collection is getting bigger (birds and fish) and I have a lot of wild rare stuff that a lot of people know about and may want to steal - I'm getting an enforcer around here. Large Rottie or German Shepherd should do the trick. It can protect the shed and the aviaries from both skinned and furr lined poachers

Squid

DiscusEden
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 06:51 AM
Darn aliens.

Good excuse for a dog though. I saw a St Bernard recently that could sit on intruders.