PDA

View Full Version : Little glosso factory

duck
Tue Dec 26, 2006, 11:56 AM
Not to sure were to put this thread,Being just plants i thought this forum was best suited.

Had started this awhile ago but i got to busy to maintain it and lost a alot of glosso,So had to put a little more effort to keep it going.
Here's the start then i lost 3/4 of it and now its got going again.

Martin Boele
Tue Dec 26, 2006, 07:08 PM
Hello Duck,

Can you tell me what for plant this is ??

Martin (Holland)

duck
Tue Dec 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hi Martin
The plants full name is Glossostigma elatinoides And it's used for the foreground,It grows low and covers the substrate.

Martin Boele
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks Duck,

I was looked on the internet to see if i can find this plant , and see if it is also available in Holland.
till now no succes.

Martin

g.c.discus
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 11:35 AM
does it grow ok without co2?

duck
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 12:39 PM
Martin,Sorry i can't help you there,Don't know any place over there that sell it.

gc discus:No

thabone
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
DUCK what do you use as your sustrate?

Proteus
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 08:53 PM
DUCK what do you use as your sustrate?

From looking at it I think it would be safe to say that it is Eco-Complete by CaribSea

Rgoganj
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 09:35 PM
Hi duck,

What lights are you using ? (WPG)

Thanks

duck
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 10:36 PM
thabone:As Proteus has said it's Eco-Complete by caribsea.

Rgoganj: Over this tank which is a 2.5ft tank i run 2x 54watt T5 4ft tubes,Which gives me around the 5WPG mark

Rgoganj
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 11:47 PM

AQUAMX
Thu Dec 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Hi

g.c.discus, co2 will increase the growth in any plant as it is oxygen for plants. The main focus on glosso should be a nutrient rich substrate and good lighting. After all, it is commonly found in muddy nutrient rich areas in shallow waters and on the edge of banks in northern australia.

Cheers

thabone
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 03:14 PM
Do Eco-Complete alters the PH or the GH/KH of the water? I want to change my tank sustrate to a plant oriented one thinking about having discus with a low ph water. Is this sustrate the way to go?

duck
Sat Dec 30, 2006, 01:49 AM
It could in the short term but it will settle down very quickly,I haven't had any problems with it and i keep discus with Eco Complete
Unless you are breeding discus no need for a low PH just a stable PH,My PH in my discus tank is a constant 7.3 PH

IMO it makes life easier for your plants and you,While you can have latarite and soil base substrate's the only problem with them is that if start to move plants around you could end up with a big mess and cloudy tank for days.

duck
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 11:10 AM
Some pearling Glosso

tommy110011
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 09:19 AM
Looks great when pearling. You'll have the most sensational carpet in about a month.
Keep it up duck!!!!
And keep the photos coming

thabone
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 10:25 AM
I love they way they look. I just have to get those.

Erk
Thu Jun 14, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hey Duck, I love that pearling glosso pic! I just picked up some glosso about a week ago...planted it all by hand with tweezers, and I have pressurized co2 at 1 bps, and about 4.2 wpg, and eco-complete substrate. I noticed in your pic that its an empty tank with only glosso, so I guess it isnt that smart of me to ask how fast you bubble your co2 for that tank. :lol:

However, I would like to know how you go about bubbling your co2 with discus in the tank? 1 bps? or faster? Also what do you do as far as airstones go?

Thanks very much :D
Eric