PDA

View Full Version : ADA Subtrates

AussieStar
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
Im Fully redoing my planted tnak at the moment, i started Africian and kinda gave up on the planted scence, but im back lol and im looking for some ADA subtrate if any knows where i can get some. Wish the Eco compltee sales will last to after xmas, but go no money for it atm, waiting for xmas bonus from work :D

Proteus
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
Who said Eco-Complete wont be at the same price after Xmas?

:wink:

Nathan
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
there are online stores that stock it an i only know of one place in melbourne that sells it, not 100% sure of any shops that sell it in NSW, if your interested i could give u the detaills of the stores via PM?

rthnone
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 12:41 PM
Save your cash, dont waste it on a product that you need to buy a dozen other things like fertz and treatments to make it work properly

duck
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 01:06 PM
Save your cash, dont waste it on a product that you need to buy a dozen other things like fertz and treatments to make it work properly
With or without it you still need to buy a dozen other thing like fertz and treatments?(Got me) to take proper care of the plants.

Proteus
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
I think in a more civil tone it means that to get the most out of ADA soils it is recommended that you use Step 1, 2, 3, plus the powders etc etc.

Nathan
Wed Dec 20, 2006, 11:37 PM

i disagree, all you need is the powersand and the soil, u dnt need any of the ADA ferts or substrate additives etc, im not using any of them, im just using the seachem NPK range.

and even if you decide not to use the powersand an just the soil you will still get great results (as long as all your other things are adequette, co2, lighting etc)

AussieStar
Thu Dec 21, 2006, 11:14 AM
Great Work Proteus hopefully ill have the moeny in time before the sale runs

Well i already have the Ferts one my last attempts at a planted tank,so wont need to buy any, but when i get it ill try different things to see what works for me.

mushroomboy
Sat Feb 24, 2007, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I just set-up 2 Nano 30cm cubes with ADA. All i bought was the 5 powders, powersand and soil. The packets come in standard sizes, so i had enough to do 2 tanks with the left over soil and sand. The powders were sold to me by the spoon, so that saved me heaps. I wasnt going to use the powder cos of the cost, but buying by the spoon made it affordable for me.

Robdog
Sat Feb 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
so that saved me heaps....

Buying ADA in Australia has nothing to do with saving money at all. I think the ADA products are great (I've now got too much hair grass as a result) but they are ridiculously, yes ridiculously overpriced. In Australia we pay over double what they do in the States. Double! Compare the prices from THIS U.S ONLINE STORE (http://www.adgshop.com/) to the only place that sells it here and do the math.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Proteus
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I just set-up 2 Nano 30cm cubes with ADA. All i bought was the 5 powders, powersand and soil. The packets come in standard sizes, so i had enough to do 2 tanks with the left over soil and sand. The powders were sold to me by the spoon, so that saved me heaps. I wasnt going to use the powder cos of the cost, but buying by the spoon made it affordable for me.

There is a sucker born every day.

Maybe I could sell you some of my special mineral enriched Sydney tap water... only $5 per litre...

:P

Grae
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
Thats a little harsh Proteus calling someone a sucker.
It wasnt that long ago( okay maybe a year ago ) that you were praising the products.

I think its expensive and that has been covered on this and other forums already.
It does grow plants well and also looks good.
So does eco,
so does lots of other substrates.

Now about that special mineral enriched water, do i get a bulk discount?

Graeme

Proteus
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:50 AM
FYI, the idiot in question is a sucker as they have been caught sending many PM's to members discrediting sponsors on here as well as promoting banned commercial entities.

Seems business has gone real quiet for some so they are stooping to new low levels to try and drum up new business via sending members here SPAM.

Anyone who thinks they can subvert guidelines and rules that are in place are sadly mistaken if they think they can get away with it. Systems are in place to detect mass PM's and emails originating from this website.

This can be verified by no less than 10 members who have recieved PM's in the past 24hrs, and another 20 members who were sent msgs but they have since been wiped off the database as they were considered to be spam.

I did once praise the product, and have since publically stated that my opinion has changed. At the current pricing ADA is a rip-off. Plus the fact that you dont need half the stuff to make a tank work, C02 & lighting is more important than the so called miracle powders they claim to be god like.

scott bowler
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:57 AM
you go pro tell it how it is mate you have our support

Proteus
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:58 AM
lol... you were one of the lucky ones to recieve a PM from that clown as well

scott bowler
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 04:01 AM
i was and i dont take kindly to people rubbishing my friend and community witch i am part off , sent it to the wrong guy here

Grae
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 06:42 AM
My post was related to the ADA post.

I know nothing of mass emails,spam or even of the member you guys are talking about.

This is a good forum and its nice to see some loyal subjects, but I dont think the response to my post was justified.

Graeme

Proteus
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 07:06 AM
My post was related to the ADA post.

I know nothing of mass emails,spam or even of the member you guys are talking about.

This is a good forum and its nice to see some loyal subjects, but I dont think the response to my post was justified.

Graeme

As per my comments via Private Message, no comments or the like were intended towards you, or representative of your comments.

This Mushroom fool needed to be pointed out for exactly who he is, nothing more than a low life spammer.

My initial reply was designed to get a reaction, not from you or anyone else, but the person in question who has a habit of using multiple usernames, all of which are either flagged or banned. There will be no reaction now as they have been blocked from accessing that user account.

This community I feel is largely based on trust and respect, plus the willingness of many to share their thoughts, ideas and experience. To then have zelots like those that work for a certain business continue to try and discredit several sponsors, and direct traffic elsewhere will not be tolerated and will get a very stern response. Sadly some may see this as a little over the top or heavy handed, but too much work and effort has been put into making this work, and it does not leave much room for compromise or to be Mr Nice. (I did think most of my initial reply was quite funny actually, oh well)

Grae
Sun Feb 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hi everyone

in light of the circumstances i am eating a little humble pie.
I have had a message from Proteus explaining some of the stuff behind the scenes.

I can see why he gets annoyed!!!!

I still like him :)
(was going to write love but thats a little too strong :lol: )

Thanks for your time Proteus and others

Graeme